1 monitor or 2

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ThaXStank, May 2, 2006.

1. ThaXStank macrumors newbie

i currently have the new apple 23inch cinema and i love it but it really put a dent in my wallet, so i was thinking of getting 2 new dell 20inch monitors the 2007fpw they look similar spec wise to the apple 20inch,
    anyone had anyone of these monitors from dell ??
    any mac specific problems such as compatibility problems?
    any imput would be nice
    also if i sell the apple it's has apple care doe that transfer to the new owner?

2. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

There should be no compatibility problems, and Applecare is definitely transferable. I have not used those specific monitors, though, so I can't help you with your other question (though I have been quite satisfied with all the Dell monitors I have used).

3. sbscqb macrumors newbie

basically I have the same question.

There is no doubt in my mind that I want another monitor to go along with my new macbook, which im ordering at the end of this month when i get more money!!, but I am just not sure if I really want to fork out the extra money that apple wants for their 20inch cinema display. With my education discount I can get the 20inch for $899cdn but the dell 20inch is $649. I heard they have the same panels something like that, so Im not sure. Is it worth it to have the Apple or would it wise just to go with dell?

4. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

keep the 20", you'll find yourself only useing one of those 20" displays

oh and what mac do you have, you'd need two DVI outputs for it to be near worth it.

5. ThaXStank thread starter macrumors newbie

i have a brand new power mac 2.0 it's has 2 dvi

6. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

if it put a dent in your wallet, how can you afford two more 20" monitors?? or have i missed something here? lol..

7. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

He would return the original monitor to get the 2 new monitors. Will still probably work out to a little less money depending on what deals are going on for the Dell monitors at the time (yesterday you could get them for $390 shipped).