1 More Apple User in the World, Let Us Rejoice

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Patmian212, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Hi all,
    Today I bought a shiny new iBook. 12" 60GB 256MB RAM (will order more very soon). I bought it today in the apple store, however I wont open the package for 2 weeks because they said if the package is unopened you can return it for 30 days, rumors say updates are around the corner so I will keep it closed for 14 days just in case, If there are no updates for 2 weeks I figure WHAT THE HECK let me whip this baby out.
    I have wanted this ibook for 2 years. Ever since I saw the G3 900, there have been many considerable updates since then :D . I am fifteen so I spent the better part of 2 years saving up for a new Mac(only Mac I own now is the PM in my sig and I love it).
    I will be buying Tiger as well, and honestly I CANT WAIT.
    I can’t wait for ilife, I want garage band so badly(I’m an amateur dj)
    Don’t get me wrong the PC in my sig has served me well for 4 good years and I have no major problems with windows but Mac OSX is just to tempting, I even prefer OS9 over windows xp most of the time.
    Also I read the ibooks come with a game called Nanosaur, is it any good?
    Finally I would like to thank all the members in macrumors for helping me make my decision!
    You guys got 1 more member of your community and I tend to cherish every moment of it!
    Thanks,
    Patmian212

2. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Congratulations on your purchase. I wish I had switched when I was 15 because that would have meant just that many fewer years having to suffer along with Windows. Anyway, I'm sure you're going to really enjoy your new iBook. I use my Powerbook day in and day out.

3. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

You'll dig OS X. It's simply the best OS on the planet :p

4. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

I certainly think it is. I love it. Ever since I got my 12" PB 2 years ago I've loved every minute of it. Never caused any problems, and this is the rev a one thats supposedly buggy. I can't wait for the new dual core G4/G5 'books to come out. I think I may get one. My big thing is I want it to be 12" still and at least double my processor speed...I have 867mhz G4 right now, so I will need at least 1.7ghz before I even contemplate replacing this beast. Odds are I'll wait till I can get a 2ghz or higher PB, still 12". I don't care for the larger ones. Well, thats enough of me rambling, enjoy your purchase. btw, I HIGHLY doubt that anything new will happen with the iBooks/PBs in the next month (other than 10.4) so I would just open and enjoy.

5. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

I will definitley(spelt wrong) enjoy it. I think I will wait the 2 weeks to open it because if there will be an update and I cant exchange it I will probably kick myself in the jaw(is it physucally possible?)

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I know you've been looking for a way to get an iBook for a long time, so I'm glad you finally found one! Welcome to the gang! :)

7. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

8. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

I read the title of this thread and thought of this:

Luke 15:3Then Jesus told them this parable: 4“Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninetynine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ 7I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninetynine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

Sad aren't I? But i'm a Religious Studies student for A Level. It says we must rejoice the fact that one who was lost (the PC user) is now found and has joined the community (of mac users).

Now all we need is to get the 1.1 billion catholics in the world to actually read the bible, and buy macs :)

9. jdechko macrumors 68040

Its cool, SpaceMagic... that's what I thought of too.

10. applebum macrumors 6502

Why do we need to read it? We have our Macs set up to read it to us. ;)

11. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

Good luck leaving that thing in the box for 2 weeks! I know I wouldn't manage it! :D

Enjoy it once you decide to unpack!

12. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Trust me im dieing to open it but if theres an updat in those 2 weeks and its open and I cant return it ILL KILL MYSLEF