1 second delay between songs on ipod.

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by bokdol, Jun 9, 2003.

1. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

is there a way to get rid of the delay between songs on the ipod? it sucks to hear music the a delay especially with mixed trackes that should sound like one long song. i cant find any threads on this... i may be blind

2. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27385

that is the main of the discussion. seems related.

if it's not that sound that is also bugging you, then i should mention that iTunes seems to do the same thing. like with Pink Floyd stuff. just a silence in between. but my iPod, and many others, are skipping in between.

3. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

isnt the delay from the ipod loading the songs in the memory.

iJon

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i thought it loaded 20 minutes at a time.

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

you are right i believe, but it loads certain songs up, usually one after another. i listen to a song and flip to another ti will load those songs up, i think this is how it works, but i could easily be wrong.

iJon

6. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

this is my wild-ass guess:

when you tell the ipod to play, it loads up 20 minutes worth of play time, based on what it would do if you don't touch it in the meantime.

so if you interrupt play mid-song, it'll do the above.

when i'm just letting the thing play, i get a delay between songs. i wish it were configurable, like itunes has crossfade playback.

7. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

Re: 1 second delay between songs on ipod.

i wish there were a feature in itunes to set "no-delay" between specific tracks.

e.g. it'd be nice for many of the tracks on the B side of Abbey Road to run into each other like is done on the album.

this setting would then be carried through to the ipod.

8. Quark macrumors regular

I think that you can remove the pauses in between songs by doing the following:

1. Create a Playlist in iTunes
    2. Set the order of the songs
    3. Select all the songs
    4. "Get Info" on all the songs
    5. Check the box that will make it part of a "Compilation"

Not 100% sure, but it was my understanding, way back when, that this feature was added to iTunes and it was supposed to flow through to the iPod.

I think SJ even mentioned it during one of his onstage performances. I recall people asking about CDs that have live concerts and they didn't want a pause between the songs.

Sorry about the uncertainty here.

Good luck,
    Quark

9. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

sorry, didn't work for me. thanks anyway.

10. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

i just checked this on my copy of "The Wall," which has a lot of songs that run together (or would if not for that stupid pause), and it doesn't seem to change anything. feel free to double check me, but it didn't work for me. thanks for the input though, quark. note: i checked on my TiBook, not my iPod.

11. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

The compilation setting is just for information, for instance, if a cd was a compilation of a bunch of different artists, it would then sort them together in the iTunes music folder and I think in the library too. Most songs have a slight gap, one or two seconds, at the beginning and end when they're imported, you can remove those with Cacophony if you like.

JW

12. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

ack. if i wanted to muddle about w/ the waveforms i'd throw it into protools. more trouble than it's worth.