Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jethroted

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 2, 2003
Cyberspace

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Wow you fold more in a week that I have since I started folding about 2 months ago. The important part is that we are participating in medical research. Thanks for your help in keeping MacRumors #1 Mac Team! :)

jethroted

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 2, 2003
Cyberspace
wdlove said:
Wow you fold more in a week that I have since I started folding about 2 months ago. The important part is that we are participating in medical research. Thanks for your help in keeping MacRumors #1 Mac Team! :)

Yeah, well I work for the government so there are lots more computers to take over still! The lab I am in has 34 or so desktops, Next i will install folding on all the computers in my building, then talk to someone about getting the entire provincial government folding. That's over 6000 computers, and they are in the process of upgrading everything to brand new p4 Dells (I know it's not mac but what do you expect?). I'm working on an install file that installs folding onto a computer with my config file, it runs invisibly and it doesn't show up in the add/remove programs list. I'll let you guys know when I have it done. Should be ready by next week some time. Then all I have to do is figure out this Microsoft RPC stuff then I'll have it looking all over the net to install itself on other peoples computers! (Just kidding about that RPC stuff!) No, but it will be handy for taking over best buys demo models. ;)

Mustang Mac

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2003
Thanks for your help in keeping MacRumors #1 Mac Team!

We'll be foldin' round the mountain when we fold! We'll be foldin' round the mountain when we fold! We'll be foldin' round the mountain, we'll be foldin' round the mountain! We'll be foldin' round the mountain when we fold!

18 Macrumors.com - Team Folding 22,615 05.26.04, 7am / 11 Days

Better start sayin' your vitamins and eatin' your prayers! :D Plenty of advanced notice to start changing the sigs, posts, etc. You have been warned! ;)

jethroted

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 2, 2003
Cyberspace
Mustang Mac said:
We'll be foldin' round the mountain when we fold! We'll be foldin' round the mountain when we fold! We'll be foldin' round the mountain, we'll be foldin' round the mountain! We'll be foldin' round the mountain when we fold!

Better start sayin' your vitamins and eatin' your prayers! :D Plenty of advanced notice to start changing the sigs, posts, etc. You have been warned! ;)

What are we warned about?

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
Probably that does goons of Mac os X team folding are overtaking us. But what doe you expect when they have their program installed on every new Mac, thanks to Apple ofcourse. Hell, we have came a long way already for just a rumorspag!

jethroted

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 2, 2003
Cyberspace
Dreadnought said:
Probably that does goons of Mac os X team folding are overtaking us. But what doe you expect when they have their program installed on every new Mac, thanks to Apple ofcourse. Hell, we have came a long way already for just a rumorspag!

How did they get apple to put it on every new mac? Are you sure that is the case?

Mustang Mac

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2003
Hell, we have came a long way already for just a rumorspag!

Evidently not that far! :D

But what doe you expect when they have their program installed on every new Mac, thanks to Apple ofcourse.

Because THAT, has to be the biggest rumor I have ever seen or heard on any Mac site! :p

benpatient

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2003
it's quite enough, i would say, that your team spent time on the apple homepage.

Not like it matters, anyway...just a bunch of hard-ons running folding on PCs in their college campus labs...

NoahJ

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2004
Yes, and that time on the homepage, while it helped us out quite a bit, also helped out many other folding teams. We got the lions share of the folders, but I did the lions share of the work getting the story up. Only fair and all. 5-6 months of work should have some payoff I would hope. :p

05.26.04, 8am / 3 Days Fold faster!

Oh and: TeamMacOSX Power: 1.6 THz

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.