1 Weeek Away From The Big 3-0 !!!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by MattyMac, Mar 24, 2006.

1. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

So in a few hours its one week away from apples big ..HUGE...30th anniversery! Where is the announcement for a media event for some "fun new products" or even standard MAC upgrade (macbook) or even a cool new ipod video or just a plain old celebration?! Im getting very worried about this. I mean seriousley STEVE.... C'MON 30 YEARS DUDE! Step it up!

2. ethen macrumors regular

hahahah i'm anxious too, i really need to get somehting liek ibook soon for my sister's birthday

3. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Glad somone's with me....but why hasnt there been any event announcement:confused:

4. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Maybe it's only privileged to the Super Secret Apple Rumors staff at Apple.

:D

5. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

HAHA...lets hope its just "super secret" and that its simply not nonexistant:eek:

6. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

I really hope they've just kept everything secret or something! I really hope something new and exciting happens- even if that product has no implications for me. I want to be wowed, but I fear we may have to waut until June or later.

7. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I'm starting to think Apple has a nice Apple fools joke up their sleeve.

I have a feeling Apple likes a good joke more than they like a good secret.

8. MacSA macrumors 68000

MacSA

Probably because there isn't going to be one lol :p :p

9. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

10. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Apple's 30th anniversary is on April 1st (April Fool's Day). There is no date set for a media event of any sort though.:rolleyes:

11. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

i think we'll get a media event anouncement for a special event on april 1st on friday.

12. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

that seems a little bit late...although I really hope so...or there wont be any celbration at all

13. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

I don't understand how Apple could not celebrate at all. I mean loot at their 20th anniversary! The TAM! Come on Apple, wow us with something brand new and exciting!! You're 30 years old!

14. pmartin macrumors regular

IIRC Apple usually posts the announcements exactly 1 week before the show? They will probably do the same thing now.

15. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

I'll be in London that weekend!

Going to watch an Arsenal game too. But, I shall be inside the Apple Store on Regent Street that morning!
    Something must be coming.... I can feel it.... ;)

16. direzz macrumors 6502

if steve wasnt going to have some sort of event on april first, dont you think he would have let the media know at the last media event in cupertino?

17. corywoolf macrumors 65816

corywoolf

My money is on a Special Video featuring Jobs, Woz, and some other Apple originals talking about the company on a special free iTunes Music Store Video. Along with the release of a special edition iPod and a coupon for 1 free song download to all that have purchased iTMS content within the previous 30 Days. Sounds about right, something that wasn't expected, but isn't anything major either. Maybe they will give out free stuff at the Apple Stores as well. I kind of think they might release 10 full length films (Pixar/Disney) and the new iPod Video (kind of a longshot). I would be happy just to have a site makeover and maybe some new apple widgets and a coupon for a free download.

18. bodeh6 macrumors 6502a

bodeh6

Its a super secret exclusive party and none of you are invited. No way would Apple lets this go down without something really special. When you turn 22, 27, or 29 no on cares. But when you turn the big 30, 40, 50, 60 or any other time you start a new decade that is a big deal.

19. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

...Doesn't mean a computer company does anything special...

20. direzz macrumors 6502

i just really want a consumer portable.. new ibook... pleaaaseee

21. bodeh6 macrumors 6502a

bodeh6

Well the last time Apple changed decades at 20 years old we had the TAM. Apple will definitely do something special.