Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
I just got an iPhone 5S, and it came with iOS 10.0.1 installed. It looks like i0n1c has a jb for that version, but I just wanted to check - are there any serious security issues or anything with this version that would mean I'm better off upgrading to 10.2? My last iPhone wasn't jailbroken, so I won't really be missing anything if I can't jb this one immediately, but I would like to eventually.

007p

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2012
It looks like i0n1c has a jb for that version

No there is no public jailbreak for 10.0.1. i0n1c has not released or voluntarily helped with a public jailbreak for a long time.

There might be eventually but currently you cannot. The only thing working at the moment is for iPhone 7 and iPhone 6s (and thats pre ios 10.2).

Up to you if you want to upgrade to 10.2, its always better to stay lower, but in terms of rumors, 10.0 -> 10.2 is suppose to be getting a jailbreak at some point for anything other than iPhone 7 (which will be 10.0 -> 10.1.1).

Reactions: Applejuiced
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.