Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Signed up!

Hopefully the betas will launch with the DPs. I hope it's not going to keep us waiting.

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
I signed up as well. Usually I would get the betas on WWDC day, but this time I'll be patient and wait for this. I have to say it's very nice to see Apple opening up their AppleSeed program like this. Feels like a very more friendly Apple!

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
signed up! can't wait to be able to install it! it looks amazing and the features they introduced are even better! so much excitement

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
I signed up as well. Usually I would get the betas on WWDC day, but this time I'll be patient and wait for this. I have to say it's very nice to see Apple opening up their AppleSeed program like this. Feels like a very more friendly Apple!

I think this might be as early as today, honestly.

Blakeasd

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
I am curious to see if Public Beta Users will be able to download Xcode 6 because I'm sure Xcode 5 will not work...

fcomstoc

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Signed up, I dont have my Macbook with me though so I will have to wait to try it until I am home later.

Last edited:

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
I managed to sign up within the first 5 minutes of the site being back up, but now I am waiting for the link for the beta.

bkar89

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2012
Norway
Won't be today, they said later this summer.

Didn't they just say "this summer"? And, like... eh... it' summer-ish, so bring it!

I don't know, might just be wishfull thinking. But the actual developers will get fed first, they pay $99/yr for the service.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
They did mention in the keynote that the new Mail app in Yosemite focuses on compatibility and syncing issues with servers. We'll see though

I know that. But it usually takes several releases until they have eliminated enough bugs from the system.

Mavericks is at the fourth, and still not good enough.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Won't be today, they said later this summer.

They didn't specify later this summer, they just said throughout the summer.

Chances are, since the website says soon, here within a few days or a week or two we'll have it.

No need to beg my Mac developer friend to install it like I did for Mavericks though :)

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
They didn't specify later this summer, they just said throughout the summer.

Chances are, since the website says soon, here within a few days or a week or two we'll have it.

No need to beg my Mac developer friend to install it like I did for Mavericks though :)

Sure, but I think that if they meant a few weeks they would've said June. They probably want to get through a few DPs first.

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
Sure, but I think that if they meant a few weeks they would've said June. They probably want to get through a few DPs first.

That would be my guess as well. If nothing else, I can't imagine they would want DP and Public Beta folks all trying to download it at the same time.

bkar89

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2012
Norway
Since the beta software is unfinished, some new features will not be available, such as phone calls, SMS, Handoff, Instant Hotspot, and iCloud Documents. Spotlight suggestions are U.S.-based only

All of the sudden, I'm not in a hurry anymore...

m4v3r1ck

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2011
The Netherlands
10.10 Public Beta Program Signup Page Available: Limited to First 1,000,000 p...

I'm tempted to download, but I only have my primary Mac that is able to install, and I know that's a dangerous game to play. Also, a lot of the most exciting features to me are the interaction with iOS 8, and I won't have that yet anyway, so I think I'm gonna hold off.

By the break of dawn tomorrow there will be many post with "Need HELP with OSX 10.10 beta" from eager boys and girls that will have updated the Beta to their only working machine with no redundant backup! Sleep tight! :rolleyes:

~ Cheers

Last edited:

SmOgER

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
Let me clarify this.

So at the moment there is absolutely NO way of downloading DP release without paying $99 fee for 1year developer program?

Is this a joke? :)

Why do I have to pay to test things for Apple?!

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Let me clarify this.

So at the moment there is absolutely NO way of downloading DP preview without paying $99 fee for 1year developer program?

Is this a joke? :)

Why do I have to pay to test things for Apple?

It's always been like this. They don't want people downloading very early previews and then complaining why nothing works.

The good news, though, is that this year, for the first time they are offering a free public beta, coming later this summer. That's what this signup is for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.