10.2.2 to 10.2.1

Discussion in 'Community' started by samdweck, Oct 5, 2002.

1. samdweck macrumors regular

Okay, so i got 10.2.2 before i should have... how do i get back to 10.2.1.. plz help!

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Re: 10.2.2 to 10.2.1

I don't think you can easily...

Wipe, reinstall 10.2.1

arn

3. samdweck thread starter macrumors regular

Re: Re: 10.2.2 to 10.2.1

ouch... that's pretty hard to do... i think i will just live with it until the real release comes out... hope that's soon... thanks for trying to help me...

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

God, is it that bad??!?!?! Hehe, im sure the bugs have already been worked out....

5. rugby macrumors regular

If you hold a magnet on your hard drive it should take care of the problem for you.

Seriously, why do people ALWAYS install crap and then wonder how to get rid of it? The word is BACKUP. ALWAYS have a workable backup of your hard drive and everything will be okay.

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

LOL! Exactly, I have the 10.2.2 installer also, but there's no way I'm gonna use it, I just don't see the point. I'd much rather just wait for a full, final release....but that's just me. :)

7. samdweck thread starter macrumors regular

I learned something today!

I dont' see any bugs right now, I mean, it's still made by Apple, and it's not viral, so I might as well enjoy it. I have learned my lesson though, and when the final version comes out, I'll be sure to install that A.S.A.P.!

8. samdweck thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, you make me sound like a complete idiot. First of all, I am not some compu-dare-devil. I don't usually do things when I don't know what I am doing. But computers are all about getting things to be better- improvement, and having the most up to date software is part of that. I agree I shouldnt' have instaled the 10.2.2 update before it was released, and it might even have been viral if it was from a bad source. See, once I realized my mistake, I evaluated the damage, and looked for ways to correct it. You should always do that on computers! As for backing up a 60GB hard drive, I dont' think u can do that, even though I have .Mac, which gives you about 100MB! So don't tell me to put a magnet to my hard drive!

9. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Just a word of advice: it's a good ideal to always search the forums before doing something like that. I can't remember how many dozens of threads there have been with people in your exact situation every time a new version is in development.

10. samdweck thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your advice and I will definetly follow it next time! I am so glad taht you all were nice enough to help me!

11. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

No problem! Thanks for not assuming that I was trying to be condescending to you. :)

It's just that I speak from personal experience; the search feature has helped me numerous times!

12. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

And if nobody has installed 10.2.2 already, start a thread inquiring whether you should install it or not. I have found the forums very usefull for that kind of stuff.

13. bidge macrumors 6502

ditto
    definitely on a test machine If I had one

14. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

There's a reason for the beta version just being available to developers: testing.

Apple doesn't want to release anything before it's ready. They also include disclaimers about the dangers of using pre-release software and how you shouldn't put it on your production systems.

I've been a daredevil when I had an extra hard drive, but, generally, I'm very conservative after working for major corporations and having the last word on upgrading their systems.

If you can't say that you don't have anything to lose, don't do it.

15. samdweck thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I will listen to you next time!