10.2.3 - combo or no combo ??

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by giovanni, Jan 15, 2003.

1. giovanni macrumors regular

Hi,
    given all the problems I am having with my Dual 867, I wonder what is the difference with the two versions of the 10.2.3 update ? I have installed the 10.2.3. Should have I installed the 10.2.3 "combo" one ? I have no idea what that combo thing means ?

thx,
    gio

2. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

The "combo" update includes all the updates included in 10.2.1, 10.2.2, 10.2.3, and any security updates issued by Apple.

On a side note Gio, my brother got a 17" iMac for Christmas which came preloaded with 10.2.0, and everytime it went to sleep, it crashed. But, once I installed the 10.2.3 "Combo" update, all my problems were fixed.

I reccomend that you install the "combo" update, and I really hope it fixes all your problems. Good Luck!

Brent

3. giovanni thread starter macrumors regular

thx,
    I guess I should have gone with the combo update. Now, I would have to reinstall 10.2 and reinstall the update. Well, we'll see. I know something is wrong. Your info is yet another indication of that. A friend of mine purchased an iMac at least 9 months ago and never ever had a crash. He never ever had to restart and he never even switched it off !!! damned !

I just hate the idea of backing up everything before a clean install....

best,
    gio

4. alset macrumors 65816

alset

I would say try running the combo before you go to all that trouble. You never know.

Dan

5. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Save the time and hassle. Run the Combo Update. It brings everything up to date in one step, instead of multiple installs and restarts.