Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRoni

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2002
I don't know when this occurred, but I am unable to burn a cd on my Tibook. When i insert the blank cd, i don't see an icon pop up on the desktop at all. Any suggestions?

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Originally posted by aethier
Umm.. you dont use Roxio Toast or anything????
then how do you burn a cd in the first place???

aetheir
With Mac OS X, CD burning ability comes with the OS. The Finder or Disk Copy can burn data disks (CD or DVD). iTunes burns audio and MP3 CDs.

A lot of people do not need more functionality then OS X provides. I haven't run into anything I need to do that the provided utilities can handle.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Re: 10.2.4 and CD Burning

Originally posted by MacRoni
I don't know when this occurred, but I am unable to burn a cd on my Tibook. When i insert the blank cd, i don't see an icon pop up on the desktop at all. Any suggestions?
Go into System Prefernces and select "CDs & DVDs" and make sure the options are set correctly.

The default options are:

Blank CD: Ask what to do
Blank DVD: Ask what to do
Music CD: Open iTunes
Picture CD: Open iPhoto
Video DVD: Open DVD Player

I hope this helps.

aethier

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2003
Montréal, Canada
Ok... how does disk copy work??? do you open it... then what. all i know about that utility is what phil, showed us at the power of X presentation at macworld sanfaransico...

also does anybody know what to do with .iso's when you want to burn them, how does that work???

aethier

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Originally posted by aethier
Ok... how does disk copy work??? do you open it... then what. all i know about that utility is what phil, showed us at the power of X presentation at macworld sanfaransico...

also does anybody know what to do with .iso's when you want to burn them, how does that work???

aethier
To burn an .iso, you open up Disk Copy and select brun image....look around...it can be educational.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.