10.2.4 Fried My Dual Powermac MDD! How is yours?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by steeleclipse, Feb 24, 2003.

1. macrumors 6502

Nov 7, 2002
    Has anybody had problems with their clock setting back to 1969 after installing 10.2.4?

I called Apple, thinking it was my battery, until I was looking around in good 'ol Macrumors discussion boards, and someone else had the same problem.

My question is this... are we the only ones??? If not, have you found a solution??? Thanks for getting back to me.
  2. macrumors 6502a

Oct 13, 2002
    New York
    I had that problem, not when I updated, but when I did a fresh install of 10.2 after deleting 10.2.4.

I just reset it though and it has stuck.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Sep 3, 2002
    Ladera Ranch, CA
    not alone...

yeah, I just got a Dual 1.25ghz (FW800) like last week and installed 10.2.4, and now my time always reverts back to December 31, 1969.

From what I read on the Apple discussions boards, it's a 10.2.4 bug. It's happening to alot of Dual Powermacs. One solution someone offered was to never turn off your computer. Personally, I think Apple should release and update instead of making us keep our computers on. But, in all honesty, the bug is just more annoying than anything.

Go to http://discussions.info.apple.com/ and search for "1969" for others who have the same problem.