10.2.5 Networking Bug?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by agreenster, Apr 17, 2003.

1. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

I have a G4 desktop and a 1Ghz Powerbook. The Powerbook is recently updated to 10.2.5 and now I cant get my computers to network. The desktop is running 10.2. I have never had any problems with networking them before this. When I type my password to connect, it says I have the wrong username or password etc etc... Ive never changed my password and I know its correct (Im the only user and Admin, and I log in with the password everyday)

Anyone having similar problems?
    How can I report this to Apple?

Thanks everyone!

2. j33pd0g macrumors 6502

At least you got your computers to network to the point where you have to suply a username and password. Under 10.2.5, when trying to search for computers on my network my mac goes into a kernal panic. I had never had this trouble before. Oh, and I have nothing using USB other than my keyboard, and the mouse that's plugged into that. It is a Logitech dual optical, so maybe that has something to do with it. Try repairing your permissions.

3. gbojim macrumors 6502

My systems are running a combination of 10.2.3 and 10.2.5 and I am not having any problems like this.

4. agreenster thread starter macrumors 68000

agreenster

5. celaurie macrumors 6502a

celaurie

Repair Those Permissions!

Well, the easiest way is to go into Applications: Utilities: Disk Utility navigate to the First Aid tab and click Repair Permissions. Easy as pie. :p

Chris

6. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Re: Repair Those Permissions!

Except it can't modify system files.

Booting from the OS X Jaguar install CD and running Disk Utility is the way to go.