Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pilotgi, Oct 3, 2003.
A 540 kb update to 10.2.8 is available now via software update.
cool deal. I still have 10.1.5.
Just let me know when 10.3.0 is out. That's when I'll be psyched.
10.2.8 In SWU (Again)
It appear that if you already installed the former update, this one is only 580k.
10.2.8 seed out now!
New 10.2.8 out now. Use software update.... or wait if you want
Damn, you beat me to this...
If you already updated witht the former this one is only 580k.
Wow, this is the third thread to pop up in five minutes. Are we on it, or what?
Loaded and working...startup time was a bit faster than the old 10.2.8.
I'm not touching this with a barge poll!
Um... I think I'll wait a day or 2.
Since I'm already running 10.2.8 I might as well update my tibook, hopefully I will get a faster startup.
Where is your sense of self-suffering??
All of my original speed problems with the first 10.2.8 are resolved, no network issues...still experimenting
i know i'm waiting for the early adopers' reports...hopefully their macs won't go crazy like last time...
*runs software update*
*sees new 10.2.8 there*
*thinks about what a pain it was to go back to 10.2.6 yesterday*
*closes software update*
*vows to no longer be a beta tester*
I'll give this one a few minutes. A little scared, ya know?
I'm with you on this one. Come on people.. update it already and get back to us!
Gee, you took the words right out of my mouth...
But the real catch is that is everyone waits, then there will be no one saying that it isn't any good, so then we all update and it blows up in our faces without any warning.
But seriously, I doubt that there's going to be any serious problems this time. However, I always wait before making an upgrade.
Okay I am crazy and have installed it (updating from the previous "evil" 10.2.8) and it seems to work fine so far... if I have any problems at all I'll post them post-haste.
Startup zips by now. Loading is faster too. Whoopee. (Though my problems were only minor.
iBook 500 good!
I've loaded it on a iBook 500. I had already done the other 10.2.8 update, and experienced the 1/2 battery time.
This update fixed that, and I'm connecting through the ethernet port, so............seems good.
all is fine here
I had updated my home G4/450 with the first update.. and had no problems, but it did FIX my external firewire drive that would not mount before the update.
I waited to update my G4/450 at work, and installed this new update just now.. all appears to be fine as well.
Again I had no problems with the initial update, nor have I had any problems with this new update. So hard for me to make comparisons..
What a bunch of wimps!
What's the matter -- ain't you folks ever tested out a mushroom by eating it?
(FYI -- I'm waiting too....)
I just updated from original 10.2.8 on my iMac and currently have no problems, although I didn't have any problems with the original 10.2.8. Im downloading the big 40.6 mb version on to my mom's 10.2.6 iMac as I type. we'll see how it does.
fixed the battery problems on my PBTi
Battery went from 1:40 up to 2:30
Thanks for fixing your mess apple
Well I'm still getting a 6 to 10 second blue screen of life after the osx login window, kinda dissapointing.
Battery time fixed!! Yippie! It works great on my 800Mhz iBook!