10.2 upgrade

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by crossed-over, Sep 3, 2002.

1. crossed-over macrumors member

I just got a refurbised dual 1gig powermac, the quicksilver model from apple. It came with os10.1.2 installed and the 10.2 upgrade in the box. I upgraded to 10.2 without upgrading 10.1.2 to 10.1.5, and have been having some problems. My computer has locked up on me 3 times already doing various things. Once while watching a dvd, once while browsing the internet, and a third time while working in excel, thus losing the file. My question is this: Could these problems have anything to do with me not upgrading to 10.1.5 before installing 10.2? Thanks.

Adam

2. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

I dont think so. When i bought my 17" iMac on the 23rd, it came with 10.1.2 on it, like your powermac. Instead of upgrading it to 10.1.5, i did the same as you and just installed Jaguar. I havent had any problems with it crashing, i think OmniWeb has crashed once, but thats about it. Hmm.:confused:

3. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Reformat and clean install..... that's what i would do.... otherwise, goodluck and congratulations on your purchase

4. Paladin macrumors member

Quick question...I just did a clean install of 10.2 on my iBook 700. How do I reinstall OS 9.2.2 on the hard drive? I don't really use OS 9, but I want to have it on there just in case, as well as to make Classic mode functional. I have the OS 9 disc that came with my computer, but it says something about a clean install when I run it, so I'm a little unsure. Has anybody done this? Also, would it be better to put it on a second partition? If so, how big a partition? Thanks for the help.

5. Farside161 macrumors member

Paladin:

just start up with the OS9 Disc and Under The options button there is a switch that says "Proform Clean Install" just check that and your good to go.