10.3.3 Today?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by reckless_0001, Mar 9, 2004.

1. reckless_0001 macrumors 6502

10.3.3 Today?

The buzz on the net is we will be getting 10.3.3 this week.

Does anybody think we'll get it today? Tuesday, March 9 2004

or do you think they will follow suit and release it on the 24th?

2. Nik_Doof macrumors regular

I can see it comming soon.... hopefully this week

3. gopher macrumors 65816

A couple of software developers have already violated their NDAs to say their software is compatible with 10.3.3 on either their website description or Versiontracker. Clearly, 10.3.3 could change between now and the time it is released, and if it affects their compatibility, I can hear some retractions happening!

4. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

What can we expect in 10.3.3?

I'm having minor problems with establishing consistent stable network connections, I wonder if 10.3.3 will help with that. Maybe it's just this damn campus firewall though.

5. gopher macrumors 65816

Most likely. And probably the folks in the dorm room next door are running a file sharing server or a game server tying up the bandwidth. Or the Windows users with their network ports open are letting worms through slowing down the entire campus.

6. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

"Mac OS X 10.3.3 will include updates to printing and USB, as well as changes to some of OS X's base components and frameworks—Cocoa, Carbon, graphics and imaging, Core OS, and the High Level Toolbox—sources said. The update will also include a variety of bug fixes for the Unix-based OS. Apple reportedly told developers to focus their testing efforts on the update's audio, graphics, USB and FireWire functionality."
    cheers

7. javabear90 macrumors 6502a

javabear90

nope-- not today. It might be next tuesday. What is it with Steve releasing things on tuesday anyways?

8. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I suspect the Tuesday releases are programmed for maximum media exposure. I know when politicians want to release bad news, they always release it on Friday afternoons. That way people often miss the news--it gets "lost" over the course of the weekend when people are out of their midweek routines.

9. gopher macrumors 65816

That's old hat...Think Secret has reported the same thing a couple times on 10.3.3's support. But thanks for refreshing our memories. I sure hope Firewire functionality includes the final eradication of the Firewire bug.