10.3.3 - What's the scoop?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by bburchill, Jan 22, 2004.

1. bburchill macrumors member

I haven't seen anything about a 10.3.3 update. Any ideas on when it will be released?

I pre-ordered Panther but they're still sitting in the box because I'm seeing too many reports of bugs and s/w compatability issues in this forum and others.

2. pdrayton macrumors member

What software and/or peripherals do you have that make you think you'd have a problem with Panther?

So many people are experiencing Panther with no glitches at all... I have it, and 5 other friends of mine have it, and not one of us has experienced any kind of problem.

My system runs faster on Panther, I have much better battery life on Panther, Panther is just plain enjoyable.

As for a 10.3.3 update, what would that do that 10.3.2 isn't doing already?

Remember, reports of problems aren't always due to Panther, and the reports are far outweighed by the excellent performance most users are experiencing.

3. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

I've got Panther running on 4 Macs. I have an external firewire drive. I use FileVault on my iBook. I've reclaimed lost space. Those are 4 happy Macs. The only issue I have had with Panther is that my Brother laser printer no longer works with the AirPort Extreme base station. I haven't tried on .1 or .2 though so for all I know it could be fixed already.

Grow a pair and install Panther. It's silly to spend $129 and let it sit on a shelf for 3 months.

Edit: I just tried my laser printer again for the first time since October and with 10.3.2 it works again. So I can now say that Panther works flawlessly on the 4 Macs I use.

4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says.....remember - almost all the people that post in the help forums are the ones that have problems - you rarely hear from the countless people that have no trouble at all. For the record, I've put Panther on the 3 Macs in the house (family pack license!) without any trouble at all.....oh yeah!

5. j33pd0g macrumors 6502

Panther is great! I'm still on 10.3.1 though... I have no problems other then minor GUI gripes, so I didn't feel the need to update. Everything is nice and compatible. hp DJ 5150 working great... logic, safari, classic all good. I have an uptime now of 31 days.

Panther + your mac = Productivity.

6. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I've had more success with ejecting drives in the network browser in 10.3.2, maybe you should try it?

7. Pseudonym macrumors regular

Others have had issues in 10.3 and a few in 10.3.1 but I have found it rock solid under 10.3.2.

8. 1macker1 macrumors 65816

1macker1

I've had a few problems with 10.3 that i didnt have with Jaguar. Nothing big, just annoying at times.

9. bburchill thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone...I'm feeling more confident about Panther now after having seen these replys. Given all the feedback here, the only software I'm really concerned about at this point is QuarkXpress 6.0.

If any of you have had experience with QXP 6.0 and Panther, I'd like to hear about it, otherwise, I'll just hold up Panther until 6.1 (due out anytime now...allegedly).

Then I'll just use the more than sufficient pair that I have (thx Horrortaxi) and load the Panthers.

10. chris h 1997 macrumors newbie

Panther

It's a sin to leave Panther in the box, it's just inhumane. Unleash the Panther, you won't regret it!

Cheers,
    Chris :)

11. sethypoo macrumors 68000

I agree, everything is fine with 10.3.2.

Anyone know if FileVault is working with iTunes now?

12. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

I've never noticed anything strange with FileVault and iTunes. What's the issue?

13. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

Every day that you don't use Panther is a day of value that you have wasted. The earlier you load it on, the longer you will have with it before you have to shell out for 10.4.

I have had zero issues with Panther. And it's as stable as a rock.

But I haven't tried FileVault after people complained about losing data. I take it that's completely fixed now?