Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by PowermacG5, Feb 13, 2004.

1. PowermacG5 macrumors regular

PowermacG5

When is 10.3.3 comming out. Some one told me it was going make gaming better. I am all hiped up about it for some reason.

2. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

10.3.3 was recently seeded to developers for testing, but it was pulled after a major problem between the update and the 20" iMac was found.

No word on when another version of 10.3.3 will be seeded, or released. Read ThinkSecret for more information about the update.

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    do you have any idea how it will make gaming better?

im a littel skeptical, but hope ur right

4. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

It should be out sometime within the next 3 weeks or so, if not sooner. Apple pulled the beta of the update because of a major bug for 20" iMac users. Since then Apple hasn't issued a new update so that tells me that Apple is putting the finishing touches on the update. This looks to be a significant update for I believe its around 70MB and yes, I've also heard that it improves Quartz and Quartz Extreme so everything involving graphics, including gaming should see a vast improvement.

Also, it's been said that Apple will announce the first update to the PowerMac shortly after if not at the same time. I guess there is some code in the 10.3.3 update that the new PowerMac G5's need.

We'll see!

5. PowermacG5 thread starter macrumors regular

PowermacG5

I was reading mac rumors and it said it was going to improve on the quartz extrem thing thats built into mac OSX

6. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

According to ThinkSecret, the original 10.3.3 update improved:

Printing, Cocoa Applications, USB Devices, Browsing Networks, Graphics, and OpenGL Games.

Hopefully the second seed of the update will add more improvements/bug fixes.

7. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

i would really like to see the networking bit improved

8. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    Where was that photoshopped OS 11 pic?

I've been reading through the forums, and saw a link for a photoshopped Mac OS 11. J/ thot itd be interesting to see.... anyone still have the link? I cant remember where i found it.

Caleb

9. Toeknee macrumors regular

Toeknee

Yeah maybe Apple should fix the "bug" that makes peoples HD icon float around after a restart or something.

10. 7on macrumors 601

7on

*tear of joy*

11. Awimoway macrumors 65816

Network browsing has been listed for both previous updates, and it hasn't improved much.

In my experience, games have been crashing a lot in Panther. So I wonder if the improvements are nothing more than bug fixes.

12. ratspg macrumors regular

10.3.2 has changed my boot time to slowness, I hope 10.3.3 speeds things up again! It's seeded again so realllly sooooon!

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

The front page of MR now shows that 10.3.3 has been re-seeded to developers, so I'm sure it's coming soon....

14. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    Slow Startups in Panther

theres a console script that you can run that relinks a startup file they missed that fixes the slow start ups (i used to have to wait for the mac os x startup bar to go all the way across, now it j goes to "waiting for network initialization" and it's there!) It was a sudo command and you had to run it (at least i did) from another networked mac os x computer by logging in remotely. I dont remember what it was.

Caleb

P.S. I hope that they fix the intermittent freezing in finder, expecially in ms and macromedia apps, and in expose'.

edit: grammar and positioning of "p.s."