10.3.5 and Epson C82 printer problems?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by deeceemac, Aug 30, 2004.

1. deeceemac macrumors newbie

I just installed OS 10.3.5. So far, looks great, except I can't print from any app. The printer panel shows documents in the queue, but stops printing whenever I try to start the queue up. Has anybody experienced comparable problems after a Panther install? (Needless to say, Epson, as usual, stopped updating this printer's driver about two years ago.) Any help would be most appreciated.

2. kanker macrumors 6502

I have a C82, 10.3.5, and no problems. Have you tried deleting what's in the queue and printing again? Are you sure that your printer is hooked up (that's been my biggest source of Doh!!!)? Paper and ink plentiful? Are you printing wirelessly? If so is your Airport working right, or are you logged in to your base station?

3. number9 macrumors 6502

Yea I've been having the same problem with my CX3200 All in one printer/scanner. It will send show the file in the printer monitor thing, but it won't allow me to "start" the jobs again. I've tried re-installing the driver (which has been at version 1.6 for over a year and a half now) but nothing changes. I'm not sure what else to do.

4. number9 macrumors 6502

Even reconnecting the USB cable at both ends doesn't help, and up until the last two days I haven't had any problems like this. Both ink cartridges have been replaced since school started last weekend, and plenty of paper too. No jams or anything, so it's definitely something on the software side of things.

5. deeceemac thread starter macrumors newbie

I've noticed (unless my eyes deceive me) that a new printer menu has become available since my installation, e.g., more pulldown options, etc. At first, I thought 'great', but now I'm wondering if that isn't the source of the problem. In the 'Custom Install', I specified only Epson drivers to be installed. Is there some critical software I might've left out by not doing an 'Easy Install'? (I realize I'm grasping at straws here...)