10.3.6 effecting performance and sleep!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by petercw2, Dec 9, 2004.

1. petercw2 macrumors member

Mar 1, 2003
    Ever since I upgraded to 10.3.6 i have had the following two problems:

1) The computer is running hotter than normal, and so much so that the fan is running 60% more of the time... and that is causing the battery to run out very, very quickly...

2) The 12"PB will not go to sleep automatically. It will sleep manually or if I close the lid.

I called Apple and they told me #1 "was normal" and couldn't help me with #2. I have reinstalled 10.3.6, but with the combo version, but it hasnt changed anything.

Anyone else having these issues?
  2. Josh macrumors 68000

Mar 4, 2004
    State College, PA
    I dont have a powerbook, but I have noticed that pressing the power button to sleep my iMac G5 does not always work since 10.3.6.

The fan also seems to run more irraticly, speeding up and down constantly...sounding like a RC car suddenly going and stopping....zzzzing.....zzzing.....zzzing.

But, Apple also told me my iMac buzzing was "normal" too.

Perhaps telling customers problems are "normal" is Apple's new support strategy? Or maybe its normal to have problems with their machines...I don't know.
  3. petercw2 thread starter macrumors member

Mar 1, 2003
    There is a thread about this, and maybe a fix, on the MacFixIt site, but you need one of their paid accounts to see it. If anyone does, can they report back to us what it says?