10.3.9 Butchered Highlighting In Safari

Discussion in 'macOS' started by LaMerVipere, Apr 23, 2005.

1. LaMerVipere macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Stop being childish. I just tested three different browsers--Camino, Internet Explorer, and Safari--on that web page. Each of the three highlighted the selection differently. None of the three highlighted the selection like the other two. FWIW, I also tested FireFox, which highlights like Camino. If you don't like the way Safari highlights your selections, use something else. Then, go to Frye's and get a life!

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I hear what you're saying, but all it sounds like is 'wah, wah, wah'.

I happen to think that the new method of hi-lighting makes more sense. Makes it much easier to tell what sections of the page you've selected.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It seems like people, besides just the OP, are very angry about this issue for some reason. :(

Funny that there're less threads about several sites that rendered correctly in Safari 1.2.x and no longer do (Friendster, several store sites I went to shopping for a DSLR this weekend...). But yes, like MisterMe said, browsers are not like the electric company. No one has a de jure monopoly.

5. LaMerVipere thread starter macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

The new highlighting for Safari 1.3 is hideous. Why did Apple have to change that, of all things? It was perfect before.

6. andrewfee macrumors 6502

Maybe it's just me, but it looks the same as it always did here? (not that I use Safari as my main browser though)

Doesn't look anything like your screenshot though.

I can only assume you're talking about the colour, in which case, go to System Preferences, then Appearance and you can change the hilight colour there.

7. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

And some folks on the forum label me "a bit insensitive at times". OK.

8. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I just tested it on my computer and looks nothing like what your screen shot looks like :/

9. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Safari is not my primary browser, so I don't know what it was like before. However, the term hideous is purely a matter of personal taste. That said, I am hard pressed to see how Safari's highlighting is worse than the competition.

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I don't see the big deal, I also don't use orange as my highlight color either. :rolleyes:

11. thedoc1111 macrumors regular