10.3 and a stupid question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Roger1, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Hey people. I just installed 10.3 on my tibook, and I have a question about connecting to servers. In 10.2, all I had to do was go to Go/connect to server, and all the servers would pop up, including the ones that show up in apple talk. Now, when I try to connect to servers I get a box telling me to put in an ip number. Well, I don't keep a list of ip numbers to the servers laying around. Is there anyway I can see the servers in Appletalk (and thus their names) , or did I kiss this feature goodbye when I installed 10.3?

edit: spelling

2. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

In an open Finder window, click on 'Network' (in the list in the left panel-thingy) and on the right should appear any servers available, AppleTalk, etc. Double click on one, and it should ask you for username/password.

Is this what you were looking for?

3. dukemeiser macrumors 6502a

dukemeiser

There is no such thing as a stupid question. Just stupid people who ask questions. :D

4. ryme4reson macrumors 6502

Another question

I deleted Safari, now how do I selected the dfefault browser? The only way to select a default browser is within Safari.

5. blogo macrumors 6502

Why did you delete Safari?

And you can set the default browser in the Internet panel in System Preferences.

6. ryme4reson macrumors 6502

There is no Internet Pref in 10.3, and Safari was corrupted so I had to delete. I reinstalled from another HD, as I couldnt download it from apple (the version wouldnt work)

7. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

If you still have the install CDs, use Pacifist (VersionTracker or MacUpdate) to install Safari only.

8. Roger1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Roger1

Not exactly. The district where I work has about 10 appletalk zones, and the servers have their own zone, called 'district'. All I see is local stuff. I don't see a way to change zones, so I can get to the servers.

p.s. sorry for the late response. Wasn't able to get back on after posting.

9. Roger1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Roger1

I figured it out. You need to turn on appletalk in directory access in addition to turning it on in the network preference. Now I see all my zones :)

10. GovornorPhatt macrumors regular