10.3 for adc members

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ima_pseudonym, Oct 13, 2003.

1. ima_pseudonym macrumors member

Anybody know how quickly after the os update gets released to the public that adc members get their copies?

Supposedly adc student members get free os updates, but my membership expires in mid-november.

2. el_aarono macrumors member

Panther for ADC Students?

ima_-

I have this same question.

I emailed ADC support last week and asked if student developers would receive a free copy of Panther at all, and they responded saying they will research it and get back to me.

Are you certain that student developers will receive a free copy? I have Panther on pre-order, but it would be nice to get it for free.:)

If ADC responds I will post and let you know what they say.

-el_aarono

3. candan9019 macrumors regular

There's a PDF on the student developer site of membership benifits. It says students recive up-to-date MacOS software upon commercial release. Hopefully that means that it will come on it's own and not with the November mailing.

4. el_aarono macrumors member

We can expect Panther for free...

I just got a reply from the ADC. Here is a quote from the email:

"Thank you for contacting the Apple Developer Connection regarding Mac OS X version 10.3 Panther.

Active ADC Student Members can anticipate receiving the latest version of Mac OS X version 10.3 in an upcoming ADC mailing, after commercial release. We have not announced the ship date for this mailing.

Please stay tuned to ADC News broadcasts and the Apple web site for any late breaking news regarding the ADC Student Program."

That's good news for me. :)

Later.

5. willmg macrumors member

Sweet yeah I got Jaguar about 2 weeks after I registered with ADC so hopefull we'll get Panther by first week of november. :)

6. candan9019 macrumors regular

Well i hope they send out the November mailing sooner then. As long as I don't have to pay for It then I can wait though.