10.3 + G5 + older macs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TrenchMouth, Oct 17, 2003.

1. TrenchMouth macrumors 6502

Nov 21, 2002
    From what i hear 10.3 should improve the performace of the G5 Macs. How much of a factor will this play? Will it be remarkable? I have also heard that it will also improve performance on older Macs including G3 Macs. Is there any truth to this? I would like to order a copy now, but I would like to know how it will run on my 500Mhz iBook, and I would also like to know how much of a role this will play in the G5's as I would like to get a 1.6Ghz model. The price is right, and I love the machine, but it would be nice to see how it will run when optimized. I don't want to kick myself later whishing that I saved a little more for the 1.8.

Sorry if this has been posted before, if it has just refer me to the old thread. Thanks for any info.
  2. yamabushi macrumors 65816

Oct 6, 2003
    The performance increase is real. You will probably notice it most in navigating menus and opening programs, even in your iBook. The G5 will get an extra little boost from code better optimized for it. The 1.8 G5 is a much better value than the 1.6 in my opinion.