10.3 Mail

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by mullen, Jan 30, 2004.

1. mullen macrumors newbie

Has anyone successfully configured mail to pull the address list from a windows 2000\Exhchange ADS network? In Entourage all I had to do was supply the IP address of the Domain Controller. It has proven more difficult for mail on Panther. I have found very little info on how to configure this. I guess what I need to know is how to fill out the info in the LDAP configuration to get the address book or Mail to sync the list of all of my users in the Exchange Global Address list.

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I happen to be in your same situation. Have just upgraded to Panther. Have been using Entourage. In another thread it was suggested to open up Entourage and Address book. Then to drag your list from Entourage into Mail. I'm going to give it a try today.

Also wondered if the move should be done form the HD level. I will give the first suggestion a try and see what happens.

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm still running Entourage via Classic, help.

I did a Run Disk Utility (Inside Applications/Utilies) for a Repair Permissions. Believe that it was MrMacman that suggested this course of action. My problem persists.

First questions: I imported from Entourage already. I just finished updating Classic Entourage today. Can I re-Import, so will it update to the new information. Meaning that I won't have a duplicate.

I just tried opening Mail, it bounces in the Dock, but do not get a window. Had to do a force quite. What should be my next move to correct my problem?

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Have you repaired your permissions recently? You might start there. What OS version are you running? Mail is a pretty tight component with the OS, so if the Mail installation is messed up I would be at least a little concerned with the OS install. I'm sure you could always re-install it off your system software disks, but it might be better to do a clean install of the whole thing if that's the case. Try the permissions thing, and see if that helps before trying anything drastic though.

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Thank you for answering my problem mactastic. ;)

I ran repair permissions on Monday February 2nd. I'm running 10.3.2. The installation of Panther was done on January 26th at my local Apple Store, so it was done by the Mac Genius. He also had me run the update at the same time.

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I wonder what kind of install he did. If it was an update instead of a clean install or an archive and install or the atom bomb version - the wipe and install, there could be some problems. I've heard that update installs can be buggy.

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm hoping that there will be a simpler solution. Prior to the install my HD was running Mac OS 9.2.2. He3 had me run Disk First Aid, result OK. Then we ran the install from the Panther Disk X3. Then the update. He said the we didn't need to do a clean install, I did ask that question.

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Since I'm having trouble with my Mail program. Would I just be better off for now and just upgrade to Entourage for X. My wife thinks that is the reason that I'm having the problems. Any advice?