10.4.3 sucks...i can't run skype on it

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DarkNetworks, Nov 5, 2005.

1. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

title says it all..after updating to 10.4.3, skype doesn't even wanna start...this sucks..i'm doing a restore!

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Didn't you check with Skype first to make sure their application was compatible?

3. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

4. DarkNetworks thread starter macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

well i dunno...i click on the skype program and it appears on the dock and it bounces a while and its gone...redownload the program, drag it into applications...start the program...works...reboot...same problem...

5. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

try deleting the prefs.

6. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Skype 1.3.0.14 works fine for me on 10.4.3. It's not a problem with 10.4.3; I agree that it's probably a problem with the Skype preferences file. Use spoltlight to search for "skype" and there should be a .plist file called com.skype.skype.plist. Delete that file and then see if Skype starts working.

7. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

I'm on 10.4.3 and finally got around to downloading Skype last night to chat to a friend in the UK.
    Worked fine. Audio quality was good - but there was a terrible lag / delay...

Probably just to do with lines between Aust and UK / traffic / bandwidth last night I suspect. She said she had a chat with a friend in NZ the night before who was only on dial up and it was perfect.

I'm hanging on to it for a while.... seems to work though.

8. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

Skype works fine for me on 10.4.3, and I highly recommend using a USB head- or handset with Skype - the difference in sound quality is amazing!