10.4.5 update... any problems?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by OldCorpse, Feb 14, 2006.

1. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

I updated, don't have any problems so far, but Safari doesn't seem faster, if anything possibly slower to start up (more bounces than before), and slower to render pages (but maybe that's an illusion).

Report any problems, including with third party software!

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Any issues with the Logitech Control Software or the Microsoft AU Daemon? I think they were giving me booting trouble in 10.4.4. It got tired of +90 second boots.

Is it safe to remove the Microsoft AU Daemon? I can update Office 2004 myself using the standalone updaters.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It took a restart before it let me log into my iBook. It wouldn't accept my password for some reason. My iMac has been fine though. :)

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

5. codepoet80 macrumors newbie

I'm having problems waking from sleep on my PowerMac G4 Dually MDD. Anyone know a fix... is it just me?

6. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

My USB Overdrive doesn't work anymore. I downgraded to 10.4.4

7. mdavey macrumors 6502a

mdavey

There is a universal version just released. Search the forums for the thread.

8. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

Sweet thanks

9. i4k20c macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

how do you downgrade...just out of curiosity? :confused:

10. Mr. Mister macrumors 6502

Do an Archive and Install of the operating system. Apple makes it pretty hard.

11. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

I said I would let you know in your other thread, but it was closed. Anyway, I installed it on the MDD in my sig with no problems sleeping or waking up from sleep whatsoever. Do you have any PCI USB 2.0 cards installed?

12. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It might make you think about waiting before downloading an update before you see whether it's safe or not.

13. OldCorpse thread starter macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

You are right, and even though I've had no problems so far, I told myself that I'll wait a few days or even a month or so before installing any further updates. Especially that 10.4.5 had nothing in it that especially interested me... I don't have Front Row or other concerns this apparently addressed. Makes sense, just to see if any problems creep up. But guess what, my resolve lasted all of 2.5 minutes from the moment I learned there was an update. Go figure :D

14. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

As Mr. Mister said, an Archive and Install will do it, but I Erased and installed (my HD was acting up.)

15. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I know what you mean. I've done it and regretted it. I even waited until 10.4.1 was available before installing Tiger and got hurt. Thankfully, having had to be in charge of large corporate computers, I'm usually more cautious, but that seems to be changing. Oops! :eek:

16. ifjake macrumors 6502a

yeah only install this update if you have an intel machine. my powerbook has froze numerous times today as well as a few kernel panics where the grey box comes on screen to tell you to restart. i'll have to look into the archive and install option.

17. rdf8585 macrumors regular

No problems installing the update from "software update" for me. Used Onyx afterward, just in case.

18. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Chicken of the VNC no longer appears to work (and yes, I noticed this before experimenting with the latestpics code). I get a beachball and have to force quit.

19. Mr. Mister macrumors 6502

I just booted it up this morning (first time since I installed the update last night) before going to school; nothing drastic happened, all seems well.

20. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Doh, I'm an idiot. I didn't have the network cabled connected to the Linux machine I was trying to VNC to.

21. Mr. Mister macrumors 6502

Any OpenGL performance changes? Higher/lower game framerate?

22. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    no problem

This update didn't do anything to my system.

Nothing changed, nothing got broken, front row is fine..actually might be better...

Pretty small update.

23. IanC macrumors regular

No probs on my iBook. Still nedd to update the eMac, which is having some networking issues on 4.3....

hmmm

24. steelfist macrumors 6502a

safari felt faster for me, and that's one of the only difference that i noticed. nothing else wrong

25. AppleTalk Aust macrumors newbie