Discussion in 'macOS' started by rye9, Feb 8, 2006.

1. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

How long is it usually between updates for Mac OS? It was 2 months and a week about between 10.4.3 and 10.4.4, but is it really going to be a whole season until 10.4.5?! (appleinsider states that the release is in spring)

2. mdavey macrumors 6502a

mdavey

AppleInsider might be right about this one. I'd expect 10.4.5 at around the same time as new Mac hardware product releases from Apple, which is likely to be late march or early April.

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

They release it when it's ready. Some take a couple of months some take much longer. You just have to wait and see. What's the rush anyway? Do you have a specific bug you need fixed?

4. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

I do. My keychain is broken and I've tried everything. It truly sucks not to have keychain.

5. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I'm just looking for updated drivers for the X1600.

6. dylan macrumors 6502

How is it broken?

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

8. lucab1982 macrumors member

Same here, I have tried everything too!

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If you haven't already, start a new thread outlining the exact problems with Keychain and maybe some background information about your machines. :)

10. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

I actually have no idea if my keychain is broken or not, but I do know that my computer refuses to remember passwords... I can click "add to keychain" till I'm blue in the face, and next time around, again, it's like it never happened. Weird. I've just given up on it. Don't know if the problem is with keychain or what, but I've resigned myself to simply having to fill the various passwords every time.

11. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

If you're using a nightly build of Safari it can't access the keychain.

AppleMatt

12. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Your keychain could be corrupted. An update won't fix corrupted files (unless it writes over them and I doubt Apple would delete everyone's keychain in order to fix a couple of people's problems). My suggestion is to delte your current keycahin and create a new one (unless you are of course using a Safari Beta nightly build thing)

13. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

I really would like to see Apple update iSync to support some of the newer phones out there.

14. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Many times that can be done by changing a phrase or two in the package contents of isync. Search http://www.macosxhints.com/ for your phone or google for a hack.

15. Synapple macrumors regular

I had the same exact issue and couldn't even create a new keychain... really nothing I could do... the thread I started is somewhere in this forum.

A lot of people have tried to help but to no avail... after a good archive and install keychain is now properly working.

16. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    I'm good on the updates for now....

My system is stable, and that's all I care about..

17. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It's sad that it required an archive and install, but it also isn't obvious why a dot upgrade would fix a corrupted keychain. There's nothing wrong per se with keychain in 10.4.4... it's working for most of us. Doing this is probably a better option than waiting for 10.4.5.

18. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

It just stopped working. There is a thread around here that I asked for advice on and every piece of advice that was offered I tried but no luck. The only thing I didn't do was an archive and install.

Edit: Here is the original thread.

19. amanset macrumors member

I'm specifically waiting for some fixes to Firewire. Currently I can't even install 10.4.4 as the Firewire bugs that it brings in means I can't boot from an external firewire drive, I just get a kernel panic every single time. I've tried reinstalling many, many times, using a variety of approaches (going straight from 10.4.0 to 10.4.4, incrememntally going 10.4.0->10.4.1->10.4.2 ...) and each time Kernel Panic on booting. So I've left it on 10.4.3 and have no problems whatsoever. Not a single kernel panic.