10.4.7 - Anyone know anything?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by netdog, Jun 6, 2006.

1. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

My understanding from some site was that the frequency of beta update increases greatly just before the actual release. It seems they went through such a cycle last week, the cycle culminating in the release on Friday. I have a feeling we are going to see it released today or tomorrow to the rest of us. Anyone with more experience in these cycles have any insight? *

* beyond the usual 'they'll ship it when it's ready'

2. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

Should be out soon over 2 months since 10.4.6.

3. NEENAHBOY macrumors 6502

Apple seeded another build to developers late last week. It resolved all previous issues with the other builds and there are no new issues to report, so it seems that release is imminent (read: we may see it today or tomorrow, but definitely by next week).

4. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

I just wish there were more tangible changes in each update, rather than driver updates, security stuff...

I remember we saw lots of Dashboard changes in 10.4.2, why aren't there more releases like that?

5. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

6. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

IIRC, the only change was the addition of the 'widget that shows other widgets and lets you delete other widgets' Widget. That was really just fixing the pre-10.4.2 way of deleting widgets, directly from ~/Library/Widgets/

Edit: Just searched and every 10.4.x release has been on a Monday or Tuesday so I'm gonna guess next Monday as the likeliest.

7. STEPHEN SNELL macrumors newbie

(mac Os-x 10.4.7 Update?)

According To My Sources The (10.4.7 Update) Suppose To Be Released Out At Any Time Now. Hopefully, This Will Fix My Mail Problem And Safari And My Software Update Too As Well.

8. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I'm near a record of 29 days uptime. So something will update soon.