10.4.7 to unstable?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ivnj, Mar 28, 2007.

1. ivnj macrumors 65816

I just got a new mini a few weeks ago after my PC died. 1.66 late 2006.

I was playing around with bootcamp and I accidently erased 10.4.7. 10.4.7. comes on the restore CDs. So I reinstalled 10.4.7. I had to do it a few times to get it right.

I finally got it on my system. No office or anything. I forgot to install a few thing under options. But it was stable at least.

I always put it to sleep. Never shutdown or restart. Today I had to restart. It was acting up so I did a restart. I clicked on my account. Put in my password but it wouldn't load. I couldn't see a menu bar. Only dock. So I launched Itunes and I was able to see the bar and goto apple. But when I quit Itunes the menu bar froze. So I had to hold the power buton and restart.

I was afraid I'd have to reformat and reinstall.

But I was able to get get on the internet at least and not completely frozen after restart. Just no menu bar.

So I downloaded 10.4.8 and then 10.4.9 intel update.

10.4.8 did nothing. But 10.4.9. after restart everything was back to normal.

I never needed to reformat. And my menu bar is back. Everything works great now.

Just conciedence. Or is 10.4.7. buggy for anyone else.

I wish my discs came with 10.4.9 but by that time it may already be time for leopard.

So I just got to keep a spare copy handy I guess.

Thanks,
    ivnj

2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

It was never buggy for me, I haven't had issues with any of the releases.:)