10.4.8 and Desktop/ScreenSaver Panel

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jlewis2k1, Oct 1, 2006.

1. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

I have noticed there is ONE small little issue. Whenever, I go to the Desktop/ScreenSaver panel the desktop background would change back to the default. If i were to change this it would snap back to the default. Any ideas how I can fix this?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Whatever image is selected, immediately becomes the Desktop background. Are you saying that as soon as you open this pane in System Preferences, it reverts to the original? Is it letting you change the Desktop or does it revert back to the default when you close System Preferences again? :)

3. jlewis2k1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

what i am saying is, you have your custom background lets say a waterfall for an example then when you open the desktop/screensaver panel it will revert back to the default background with out me telling it while the background that I want is still selected. Then when I choose a new background it will keep reverting back to default.

I would post a movie but it will not upload. So I made screen shots based on what happens. They go in order.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Ooh, that's a weird behavior that I've not seen before. How about moving the appropriate .plist file to the desktop and trying it again?

I believe it should be com.apple.desktop.plist, in your Preferences folder.

5. jlewis2k1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

i deleted the preference file and the tried again. that seem to do the trick. so im assuming it was a corrupted preference file?

6. jlewis2k1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

ok maybe not ... it keeps hapening. *sighs* it may just be a simple bug that apple needs to fix.

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Maybe try creating a new user account and see if the problems reoccur there too. Also, do you have any theme changers or hacks installed? :)

8. jlewis2k1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

nah i dont feel its appropiate to do hacks or theme changing on my system. but, i have tried creating a new user account and it still does it there too.

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, try uninstalling MenuMeters for a while. It might not e the culprit but it'll help us narrow down to what is.