10.4.8 problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Kenny Pollock, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Kenny Pollock macrumors regular

Aug 26, 2003
    Hollywood, FL
    Alright, having some problems I've noticed since the update...and was hoping someone could shed some light.

When I did the update on my MacBook, I play songs in iTunes and it sometimes crashes and quits. It happens randomly with songs I've never had problems with before. I'm not sure if this is attributed to the 10.4.8 update, maybe an iTunes update...but it sucks! Any ideas?

Also, my girlfriend's Intel iMac took the upgrade and ever since then her Airport hasn't been working. It will not be connected to her home network at login, and when you select the network it's not there. She created a new user account and it works fine in the new one. When she logs into the new account and then logs out and goes to the old one, it works fine on the old account. Any ideas?
  2. merc669 macrumors 6502

Jun 7, 2006
    Southern MD, USA
    You might try a search for the 10.4.8 problems here. There are a couple open about the problems with this version including the Airport issues....

3. joeblowurho macrumors newbie

Oct 16, 2006
    I've been having the same problem with iTunes. It'll crash playing songs all the time and sometimes it just wont respond but other times it restarts the whole computer. I tried reparing permissions and that didnt fix it, and i did the hardware test and it says there is no problem. This is pissing me off, I had to actually go back to my old PC to do finish my work because my macbook kept crashing.