10.4.8 Update: Finder Generates False Icons

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TheSpaz, Jan 17, 2007.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Ever since I upgraded to 10.4.8 from 10.4.6, I've been getting the wrong file icon when I save an Illustrator file. I'll save an Illustrator file and it will have an Acrobat Reader icon but, it's not a PDF. Also, the same thing happens when I save a tiff image from Photoshop and it defaults to a Preview icon. It also must be known that double clicking these files do indeed open the App they were created in, so the file association is correct but, the icon is not. It's very annoying because when I glance quickly, I'll see a PDF icon and wonder where my Illustrator file is.

What the heck did Apple do to this update that would make my icons appear for the wrong Apps? Does anyone else have this problem?

2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

I don't think the Finder was updated, if you goto 'About Finder' it says 'Finder Version 10.4.6, and i'm running 10.4.8 . Strange. :confused:

3. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Mine still says 10.4.6 too but, something changed because immediately after the 10.4.8 update, the Finder displays the wrong icons for my Adobe icons and stuff. Maybe it wasn't an update to the Finder but, instead an update to the Launch Services or something like that. Quite annoying.