10.4.9 caused problems!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thenewguy, Mar 13, 2007.

1. thenewguy macrumors regular

Oct 25, 2006
    ack i just updated to 10.49 and now Dreamweaver won't start. the icon pops up for about 5 seconds and then dissapears. Also, whenever I start a non-mac program such as Word or Photoshop it takes about 60-120 seconds for the program to start.

Any idea? Shou I just backup and reinstall OS X? if i do that wil the same thing happen again? I bought the computer in november, so maybe the insall is 10.4.8?

any thoughts appreciated!
  2. rogersmj macrumors 68020

Sep 10, 2006
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sorry I don't know what to tell you, but I'll make the observation that those are all Rosetta apps you're having problems with. Mine are still working fine after the update.
  3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Well, I'd try opening a new user account and seeing if the troubles continue there before reinstalling. If they don't, then the problem's within your Home folder on the original account. If that doesn't work, then try reinstalling the 10.4.9 combo update. :)
  4. kermit4161 macrumors regular

Dec 18, 2006
    Did you repair your permissions in Disk Utility after you installed the 10.4.9 update? If not, do that right away. You can find it in your Applications/Utilities folder. It should fix your problem.

Remember, every time you install an OS update or new software, repair your permissions!