10.5 Leopard benchmarks

Discussion in 'macOS' started by danman, Sep 21, 2006.

1. danman macrumors member

Jul 5, 2002
    Well, I haven't seen any, and I'm killing time, so here is a X-Bench 1.3 side-by side of 10.4 and 10.5 running on an ageing 800Mhz Lamp iMac with 768Mb stuck in it. (my home machine.. I have intel macs at work, but I doubt Ill get the time to do same on those..)

Well.. 10.5 is, on every metric, faster than 10.5 - I get the feeling it's a bigger jump than from 10.3 to 10.4, but that was a while ago now :)

So, aside from the Preview software blah blah blah, it all looks pretty rosy for another speed jump, and another lease of life for that ageing hardware!

Attached Files:

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Nov 3, 2005
    Good to know (is that even possible) ;) :p :D (i think you're first 10.5 should be a 10.4 but I couldn't resist.)

Seriously, that does sound promising news, makes it more likely I'll be installing it the day it's released, I can't wait!
  3. gnasher729 macrumors G5

Nov 25, 2005
    I just went through those of my collegues who would have access to Leopard, and I think none of them has one of those iMacs at home. Just glad that I am not working with someone who is so stupid to risk a well-paying job by breaking an NDA on MacRumors.
  4. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

Oct 26, 2003
    Cardiff, Wales
  5. stevehp macrumors 6502

Sep 4, 2006
    It's not a house, it's a home.
    hmmm...where did these stats come from?

I didn't think benchmarks were legit until NDA's are over...