10.5 Screen Shot :p

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Benjamindaines, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

[​IMG]

I've snagged my self a copy of Apple's Leopard alpha!!!

I kid you of course, It's just SmoothStripes from maxthemes.com and I edited the About This Mac window, but this is what I imagine Leopard to look like. What do you think?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It looks just like 10.4 doesn't it? Maybe not the calc.
    Hard to tell on my screen.

3. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Everything has the look of iTunes 6

4. iGary Guest

iGary

No, the interface is consistent, not metal, plastic and whatever they are calling the new one. :confused: :rolleyes:

5. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

that would be platnium, depending if i spelled that right.

6. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

I don't know....but their flders are starting to look severly outdated. I WANT MORE SHINY & GLOSSY THINGS!!! WOOT. They should come with like...3 basic themes...one for the pin-stripers...one for the brushers....and one for the glossers :D

7. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

It may be consistent, but in my eyes at least it's sooo boring :D

Gimme brushed metal any day, although, I'm sure if apple did go all out itunes i'd get used to it pretty quick :cool:

and i thought platinum was OS9/OS8 :confused: - looks like i'm right http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platinum_(Macintosh)

8. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

We want futuristic OS!

Glassy, Smooth Folders; a re-defined dock (hasn't changed since OSx.1) and lots of lovely eye candy that will force us to upgrade to a mactel if we want to run "core image 2"

9. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

For some reason, I'm expecting a slightly different looking menu bar. The grey strike running through it has always looked really chunky to me. Maybe they'll smooth it out?

10. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I agree, I really don't like Tiger's menu bar, which is exactly why I built a Panther SS Theme the only problem with it is there is not unified look :(

here

11. Project macrumors 68020

Due to the level of eye candy in Vista, I am certain Leopards overall look will NOT be the iTunes/iLife one... you have to admit, while nice and smart, it is pretty ****in boring... lol.

Anybody seen the new Office 2007 UI? Hectic to say the least, but the black skin looks dope...

http://blogs.msdn.com/photos/jensenh/images/547386/original.aspx

12. DeathChill macrumors 68000

Am I the only one who gets annoyed by these threads? How many people have started a thread called "Leopard/10.5 screenshots!" and just taken a picture of their desktop with a theme applied? It's really obnoxious, I'm sorry but it is.

13. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

I'd just like apple to kill off the jelly beans littered around OS X. I don't mind some of the glass/reflective stuff, but there are times when I find them to be a little intrusive and clumsy compared to the simple grays of windows (puts on flame suit)

Attached Files:

14. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

I can see where you're coming from. Personally, I don't think the OS X interface is overdone; it's generally pretty streamlined. I kind of like the aqua buttons (jelly beans, right?) and I haven't gotten tired of the scroll bars. I would like to see leapord tighten up on the consistency of OS X's appearance as they demoed in iTunes 6. At first I hated the "plastic" but have grown to look at brushed metal as almost dated. :eek:

Compared to what I have seen of vista, though, I'm quite happy with Apple's graphic design ;) . I still do not understand Vista's "glass" interface. Yeah it's translucent, but it just seems distracting while MS claims its useful because you can see what's behind it. I really hate the fading pallets in MS Word, and I can't bear the thought of that all over the entire OS!

15. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

eh I'm just comparing using flash and photoshop at work on my PC and then coming home and using the same programs in OS X. If I'm working on something in photoshop I really don't need to see a blue jelly bean next to my work

16. Project macrumors 68020

Then switch to Graphite

17. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I really like the "jelly beans" and hope they stay. They are fine with the amount there are right now not like this... [​IMG]
    that was a little too much.

18. Maxwell Smart macrumors 6502a

Maxwell Smart

yeah, I really wish that they would switch to a consistent look and feel, I mean, I personally dislike the brushed metal look :-/.

19. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I think they should go back to looking like this.:eek:
    desktop.jpg
    das.jpg

Attached Files:

20. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

I have, but graphite just makes them a little less noticeable, but there still jelly beans.

21. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

You want Windows Vista? :rolleyes:

22. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

Ermm..

Attached Files:

23. JimmyB248 macrumors regular

I personally think it'd be great to apply some of the dashboard qualities to Leopard. By that I mean rather than clicking on an app in the doc and having it open, you drag it to where you want it to open on the work space, and it does that little ripple effect. Would be great, especially when you first get on your computer and want to open up a few things like I do; iChat, Mail, Safari, iTunes. I'd love to see that sort of effect. Maybe when you drag the app to where you want it a crosshair comes up and you draw how big you want the window to be.

24. weg macrumors 6502a

weg

Seems you'll get that with Vista ;-)