10.5 Seed?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mattbray, Jan 17, 2007.

1. mattbray macrumors member

Has a new version of Leopard been seeded? I haven't seen any new features since they added ZFS. I was thinking that they would seed builds with the top secret new features as we get closer to a launch date. How out of place would it be for them to launch 10.5 with features that had not been seeded to developers (if the core services remained the same)?

2. DigitalN. macrumors member

pretty sure you cant talk about that stuff here

3. mattbray thread starter macrumors member

4. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Well, I was wondering if the total absence of Leopard demo's @ MWSF '07 has something to do with a major new feature: new GUI...?

I mean, it is a long time since the 9A321 release, and usually that means that the GM is still very far away.
    We have heard of no new "secret features" at all, yet.

Remember Mac OS X client in the early stages?
    The DP2 version still looked like rhapsody.... but then came the DP3.... with Aqua! But not before Steve had to demo it first!
    Maybe history is repeting itself here.... Maybe Steve wants to demo a fairly stable veriosn of Leopard WITH the new features before any dev builds are seeded.

I surely hope so! :cool:

5. cazlar macrumors 6502

All the people with 10.5 currently are presumably under NDA and can't talk about what is in it or not...

6. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Maybe... but IF 10.5 seeds had some new "super secret features", this would be one of the sites that would post those features first... ;)

Leaking is a human habbit :D

7. mattbray thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I figured as much but that hasn't stopped people from leaking build information and even seeding Leopard (remember right after it was released?). I guess I'm just getting antsy. I just started regularly using dashboard and I'm hungry for more innovation. Apple, if you are listening, we're ready!