10% off at Regent St store on 25 Jan

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Applespider, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Just had an email from Apple talking about their .mac event on 25 Jan at 7pm which mentions free T-shirts and special offers.

The t&c on the website says that the special offer is that if you buy .mac for £49, you can have 10% off most other items in the store bought between 7pm and close of business.

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/regentstreet/dotmac_tcs.html :D

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Oooh!

1gb iPod shuffle! :D

(if they're in stock, that is...)

Edit: Whoops. Just read the small print. Must purchase .Mac as well... :(

3. Benj macrumors regular

Always unfair that these discounts don't help those who are already on the bandwagon. Ah well.

I hope I am wrong but I suspect we won't see Shuffles for a while. At least Londoners are well catered for now. From what I can gather the Apple Store is hoovering up every Apple product hitting the UK...

4. Applespider thread starter macrumors G4

Applespider

Actually, it does help those already with a .mac subscription.

You can buy the box at £49 that night rather than £69 and use it to extend your subscription. I got a box in my Lucky Bag and did this - your expiry date just moves back a year, regardless of how early into your subscription you apply it.

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Interesting. That might actually be worth it.

6. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

Dammit that was exactly what I was thinking, .Mac is nice but it just seems a waste of money, I actually have on in my lucky bag which I still haven't used.

Hmmm still need to get the iPod shuffle :rolleyes:

7. Benj macrumors regular

Ah - that is quite cool. Might be tempted.

8. Applespider thread starter macrumors G4

Applespider

I went last night to the .mac event - I was planning on retaining my .mac subscription a little longer and the 10% off would be useful on my new external back up drive.

It was very busy. I arrived about 6.30, meeting a friend. The theatre was full - most were there for .mac not switch at six and they asked everyone else to queue. By 7pm, the queue went right round the top mezzanine (next to glass), down the stairs, round the staircase and there was a big crowd at the front of the stairs again.

T-shirts were handed out with the group (who should have been at the back of line) grabbing them rather than those in the queue proper. Then they started to try getting everyone in. Since most of the 'switchers' were staying, the theatre didn't empty so most of those in the queue upstairs started moving round. Unfortunately, those coming upstairs weren't following the queue and so managed to bag the prime spots behind the seats. Many of those in the first 100 or so ended up on the edges, unable to see or hear and gave up - including me. There must have been 300-400 there for the event itself - perhaps next time, they could have two showings of the speech.

Still, that meant that it was quicker to get to the checkout and get the discount. I did think it was odd that they didn't stream the event to the macs downstairs so that those unable to see could watch it down there.