10% off iPod Jan 31 and Feb.1 Only

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ThomasJefferson, Jan 31, 2004.

1. ThomasJefferson macrumors 6502

iPods are 10% off for the next two days. If you want one, get one.

10, 20, and 40 gig models only.

2. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Several iPod accessories are on sale too. Offer is good at both the Apple online store and Apple retail stores.

3. JPGR_Fan macrumors regular

JPGR_Fan

Smart tie-in with Pepsi 100 million iTunes Superbowl promotion or have iPod sales really dropped off after holidays and iPod mini?

4. klyau6 macrumors member

is this posted on the website or something? I tried looking and i didn't see anything....if i were to walk into the apple store and pick one up, they would know about the promotion (i am assuming yes, i just don't to try to buy one and have them look at me and say, "uh what are you talking about?" in addition to the student discount?

thanks!

5. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Looks like they're pushing iTunes, ITMS, and the iPod....most likely at the expense of the new G5s....bleh :(

Attached Files:

7. JPGR_Fan macrumors regular

JPGR_Fan

Not to bring up a worked over topic, but with the 10% off a 15 GB iPod, it is now only $20 more than an iPod mini. This tells me that the iPod mini really is #1 at the Apple Store, and didn't need to be included in the two day promotion.

8. JPGR_Fan macrumors regular

JPGR_Fan

The important "Terms and Conditions" statement is here.

9. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

if the 10% off the panther kickoff night was any indication, you won't be able to combine the 10% off with edu. discount.

if you read the terms, it clearly states that it can't be used electronically (i.e. online) with edu. discount. i'm not sure about going to a store, but i doubt you can combine it with the edu. discount.

there was one guy who posted that he got both 10% special discount and edu. discount for his PB back in panther kickoff night, but he was an exception rather than the rule...

10. klyau6 macrumors member

yeah, i called the apple store in VA and they said they were both exclusive of each other :( but i bought one anyway! i got the 20gb one...it's only ten bucks cheaper than what I would have paid had i used the student discount, but hey ten bucks is ten bucks for a poor college student! :D

11. cosmo macrumors newbie

poor college student

who can afford an ipod?

thats an oxymoron if i've ever heard one...

12. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

HAH! I ordered mine (15 GB) Friday night, Jan 30!!! Luckily I'm a student, so I got the same discount. Were I not a student I'd be cussing apple right now.

My ipod left shanghai this morning, so it should be here by wednesday. I can hardly wait.

13. klyau6 macrumors member

poor college student
    who can afford an ipod?

thats an oxymoron if i've ever heard one...

------

meaning i saved the $$, but being a college student every dollar counts... ....

14. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    Creature II Speakers????

I had been thinking about buying some speakers for my emac, and the Creature II speakers are also 10% off which would make them $89.10, plus sales tax.....is that a good deal? Does anyone have positive/negative experiences with these speakers?

15. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Re: Creature II Speakers????

I've listened to the creatures in the store, and the sound quality is less than impressive. At the local compusa, they have about 15 sets of comp. speakers set up, and the logitech 2.1 THX certified speakers are hands down the best. They cost $180, but the sound quality is OUTSTANDING. If you just want to hear some tunes in the background, the creatures will be fine, but if loudness, quality and crispness at high volumes are important, then check out the THX's.

16. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

Re: Re: Creature II Speakers????

I have to disagree. I have the Creature and they sound great. I'm sure you can get much better sounding speakers, but not for the price of the creature ones. And at $89.10 the price is perfect.