Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
Not really "hidden" but here's what the anti-phishing looks like in MobileSafari (since in my use it doesn't really come up all that much):

photorzb.jpg

uanuglyfool

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2009
The Moon, CA
Shake to undo typing

I found this out by accident while texting. The phone slipped and this showed up on the screen. Very convenient for erasing a long text

Attachments

• Undo Typing.jpeg
    Undo Typing.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 252,124

Vundu

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
Not sure if already posted or new.

In Settings-Phone you can edit 'My Number' so it displays at the top of your contacts list.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
In 3.0, there appears to be no limit to the number of apps you can have installed. Although it stops with 11 pages, it just doesn't show icons for any apps you install beyond that. I have 203 applications installed, 67 of which are not accessible via the home screen, yet show up as search results in Spotlight.

img0028.png

BNZ1

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
London
Under Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network I have the ability to set my Visual Voicemail & MMS settings.

I am not sure if these options were viewable before I loaded my custom ipsw?

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
I just discovered that music videos can either be listed by group if there are three or more videos OR by A-Z listing. I can't seem to get back to the A-Z listing though it started out that way.

anthdci

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2009
it also seems different when sending a sms, the sending bar now replaces the name at the top instead of being imposed over the message history.

OttawaGuy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2006
In 3.0, there appears to be no limit to the number of apps you can have installed. Although it stops with 11 pages, it just doesn't show icons for any apps you install beyond that. I have 203 applications installed, 67 of which are not accessible via the home screen, yet show up as search results in Spotlight.

Can you launch the apps from the spotlight search?

ashok77

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2008
anyone know if the "group compilation" feature is making an appearance in 3.0. i know the app Simplify Media will do but i would hope that Apple would include it, especially since it's a part of iTunes. thanks.

bronksy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2006
London
message preview

Under the new Messages tab in settings you can FINALLY turn off message previews! I'm sooooo happy for this one! Then, when you recieve a message, it just displays the persons name and "text message."

You have always been able to do this - you had to enable phone lock and password though - just set it to 4 hours and forget it!

Nubben

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2005
One of the things I SIMPLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND is why I cannot choose my "Sent From" address in Mail.

I have various aliases and would much rather use one of those to send my mail from, i.e. can I use one of my MobileMe aliases to log in to my account? Currently this is not possible.

I only use my main Apple ID address for iTunes etc and don't want spam on it.

Does anyone know if this feature exists in 3.0?

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
One of the things I SIMPLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND is why I cannot choose my "Sent From" address in Mail.

I have various aliases and would much rather use one of those to send my mail from, i.e. can I use one of my MobileMe aliases to log in to my account? Currently this is not possible.

I only use my main Apple ID address for iTunes etc and don't want spam on it.

Does anyone know if this feature exists in 3.0?

It is. Ill take a screen shot in an hour or
so when my meeting is over lol.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
Can you send more than one attachment?
Can you make wallpaper changes behind the icons?
Can you delete parts of a text message?

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
You can send pictures to emails using the Messages application, just type in the email, input a message (if you want) and attach a picture.

sseelman

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2007
Two questions about new features....

Hi....

I have an iPhone, but do not have 3.0 yet. Am dying to get it, but will wait for the official release next week.

My questions:

1. Does push notification work out fo the gate for the new app updates? In other words, can I stop going into the app store to find out if there is a new app and the badge is auto-updated when new releases are available?

2. Does anyone know the practical benefits of the HHTP video streaming that they updated (or included) in 3.0?

3. Is A2DP enabled in 3.0 for the 3G, or will this just be for the 3GS?

Thank you.

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
Yes, that is it! Can you set your default mail address to an alias or do you have to log in with your Apple ID?

Many thanks!

no problem! Whichever account you're in comes up as the default. So when I'm in my gmail inbox, it'll be the default but then I can change it. And vice versa for my apple account :)

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
i've reached the limit on picture so i can't add them any more but i'll keep posting the text. the changes without pictures will be posted near the top so they don't get "lost" within all the pictures.

Excellerator

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2008
A couple of things I have noticed...

There is a new iPhone setting under phone numbers in the contacts. It still has home, mobile, work, etc, but also now has iPhone.

When using some apps with a volume slider with a dock connector it will not show the volume now and say "Dock Connection" since it doesn't need it anyway. I am hoping that 3.0 software will allow apps like Slacker and Pandora to skip to the next track by hitting the next track on my car stereo.

zali0n

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2006
Kent, UK
Do we know if your calendars now match the same colours as your iCal? And if we change the calendar colour in iCal does it update on the iPhone as well?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.