$100 appstore credit back to school special

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Selfdestrukt, Jul 2, 2013.

1. macrumors member

How do we claim it if we just purchased an AIR? Return and rebuy?

2. macrumors member

Call Apple. They will send you one by email if you are within the 14 day return period.

3. macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

This ^

4. macrumors member

I bought mine June 14...called apple and asked if I could still get the promotion and they said yes I'm eligible still to call the store I picked it up from...I called the store and they said the same thing after looking up my transaction.

5. macrumors regular

hahaha i spent 4 mins on customer care and now the GIFT CARD is on its way to my inbox :) thanks guys :):):):)

Have to figure how to get the best buy to pay me something for the ipad mini i got last week

6. macrumors member

Did they already send it to you or did they tell you that it would be 2-3 weeks? When I called this morning they agreed to e-mail the card; however, she said it would be 2-3 weeks and then she verified my email address.

7. macrumors 6502a

I was told the 2-3 week thing also, and verified my e-mail address.

8. macrumors 6502

I ordered my MacBook Air on June 11th and it arrived a week later.

Just called Apple, and they refunded me $100 of that purchase because somehow they were unable to provide me the gift card.

Great customer service 

9. macrumors regular

luisito

Wow. Just like that. Good guy Apple never stops impressing me. They really go the extra mile to make us feel happy and fuzzy on the inside. :)

10. macrumors regular

Yes, 2-3 weeks....i would LOVE to have the $100 off taken from the Enormous 1622$ i paid...do we have an option of getting that done rather than getting the card ? We are customers and want a win-win lol !

11. Guest

No

lets not get too greedy here

12. macrumors 6502a

Do you have some sort of physical proof (i.e. e-mail, confirmation number, etc) that you will be receiving the $100 gift card in 2-3 weeks? What if the 3 weeks pass and you don't get anything, and they have no idea what you're talking about and say that you bought the laptop like almost 2 months ago when the promotion wasn't even available! LOL

13. macrumors member

When I got off the phone with Apple the same thought went through my head. I'm thinking of calling back tomorrow to discuss it further.

14. macrumors 6502

I got an email confirm from the rep I spoke to.

15. macrumors regular

luisito

Haha. People will start asking for a new iPod Touch as well just like in the old days.

16. macrumors regular

i DID NOT receive any email :( :(
    :mad::mad::mad:

17. macrumors 6502a

I also didn't receive an e-mail, and I actually requested one or a confirmation number. The rep said there isn't one and they took notes in their system that other employees can refer to.

18. macrumors member

I got told 3 weeks on the phone, but have no email confirmation...I'm sure they have calls recorded.

19. macrumors 6502

I was told about an email, but I didn't receive it.

Anyways, the rep did the job and as I said they refunded my $100. He even added 7% tax :D

Of course I'm not buying any gift card.

Attached Files:

20. macrumors regular

Wait, so if I bought my MBA (love it btw) on the 28th of June, I can still get the $100 card? Sweet! Calling Apple now.

21. macrumors regular

haan bhai Suraj..lol

----------

So you have an option to either take the $ off or the gift card ? Although i don't really care about the $100 cash back into my account...but will be good to know

22. macrumors 6502

I don't think so.

I called because I bought my MBA before this promotion, and I wanted the gift card. The rep told me that he was unable to generate a gift card for me, but had no problem taking the price of the gift card off my macbook payment and back to my credit card.

23. macrumors newbie

I just got my code in an email from Apple! Shortest 3 weeks ever! Apple is great!!

24. macrumors regular

Just called them. Getting it within 3 weeks, they said the order confirmation number is the same as the one for your laptop (if you ordered it online).

25. macrumors 6502a

I can confirm this. I was also told 3 weeks and received the code yesterday in an e-mail. In previous years they sent a physical card, so was surprised to see this but its fine either way.