100% pile of rubbish........

Discussion in 'Community' started by PlanB, Mar 11, 2004.

1. PlanB macrumors member

i thought i would voice my opinion on the absolute discrace that i witnessed today in pc world basingstoke......

i often sit and wonder why apple havnt got at least a 50% share in the market... because there much superiour to wintels from a design point of view and from a users point of view.....

but today i started to realise why
    as i walked in to pc world to buy a ipod(which is totally great btw)
    i walked past row and row of wintel boxes looking for the macs
    and finally i get there 3 dirty imacs that were switched of and the counter they were on was filthy keyboards upside down and pushed up against the back of the display

no ipods on display no g5s no powerbooks
    just dirty shoddy (but still more atracive than the pcs) imacs
    so i asked if they had any ipods and the guy said um i think so ill just check on the computer...so he did said yeah got some outback!!!!

i mean how are the misguided public ever going to even realise that they have an alternitive if there displaying them like this..... when i brought this up with the assistant he just said yeah but crappy aint it.......

im gunna write to apple and to pc world.....have you had any experience with this????

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Re:

100% pile of rubbish........

I agree this this is a "100% pile of rubbish........" [​IMG]

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Yeah, it's like this at most Apple resellers, the only once I've seen that even tries is American Furniture/Electronics and lately CompUSA (at least our local one) has tried a bit harder... Apple has cut resellers off for this, because they have strict standards for displaying their equipment. Ultimately I think this is why Apple started their own retail chain-- to provide a place for Macs to be adopted without looking like ****. Now, if Apple would haul ass and start some serious saturation, especially "boutique" stores in malls, they might do much better. Unfortunately Apple has to move slowly in the retail stores, if they spend too much money without enough return, right off the bat, they'll lose investor confidence and the whole chain will go down the toilet.

Still, i don't understand why California needs an Apple store on every corner. But, oh well.

paul

4. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

Why do you think Apple decided to roll out the idea of Apple Stores?

Even here in the heart of SillyValley, you can see inoperative, broken, dirty Macs on display at ChumpUSA, Frys, etc.

Some peole have said that its because the sales incentives given to salespersons are low. Apple compared to other computer vendors.

5. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

*shrugs* The Macs at the local Microcenter and CompUSA are always up, running, and clean.

6. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

The only two apple stores ive ever been in were both boutique stores in malls....one at the short hills mall in New jersey, and the other at crossgates mall in albany. The one in jersey is 20 minutes from my house, and the albany one is 15 minutes from my campus.

7. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

The one thing about Mac OS X that doesn't look too good on display is that a Windows box will have all sorts of icons littered all over the desktop since there really is no other way to make them visible and useful. Meanwhile, Apples have just the drive icon showing with the dock often hidden. Everything is still there and easily accessible, just not obvious from across the store. Therefore, the Windows box looks like it can do more, and so people walk over and start fiddling.

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Same here, probably because there's a guy that's usually there who's employed by Apple, so they all run well, except for a pair of iMacs off to the side.

9. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

tpjunkie i like your signature.

"FREE TIBET!!"..."I'll take it!"

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I've been to one or two CompUSAs where there's an automated presentation running on one Mac, showing everything you can do, while another Mac sits nearby with just the desktop showing. That's probably ideal.

11. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Great when they have that running, but whenever I go to CompUSA it's been shut off exposing a blank desktop with a tiny HD icon up in the corner looking lonely on the damn sexy 23 inch Cinema displays.