100 year old man fights off 3 muggers

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by atari1356, Mar 1, 2007.

1. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

Link to full article

This guy also has 17 children. He is awesome. Forget Chuck Norris... Buster Martin is the MAN.

2. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

3. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

CEAbiscuit

Yeah, but keep in mind he's younger than Chuck Norris;)

4. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

I think I just gained a little more respect for old people

5. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Fantastic story – but I'd like to be a fly on the wall when the muggers are explaining to their friends how they picked up their injuries... :D

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

He's the 100 years old, has 17 kids, war veteran, pub crawling, child "busting" MAN! He was probably half drunk or something at the time, which makes him even more cool.

Well he did have 17 kids, after all. One more wouldn't hurt.

7. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Indeed – in fact, all that cool stuff even cancels out the fact that he's French.

Only just, mind. ;)

8. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

He sounds pretty bad-ass to me....I hope those morons who jumped him feel completely stupid for attacking an old man.

9. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

OK, so he beats Chuck Norris hands down, but what about Richard Simmons?
    [​IMG]

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I would have to say that he does.

11. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

12. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

CHuck norris IS the father.

13. mashinhead macrumors 68020

all that and 17 kids, wow his foot isn't the only thing working. I think this is the best story i've heard all year

14. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

I look at this guy, who fights for his life, then I read about the two teens in Georgia who rob a bank while laughing about it. What would have happened if THIS GUY was the teller?

15. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

hahaha pwned. good for him and yes ejb190 too bad he wasn't the teller in the other thread.. lol.

16. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Damn, that guy is awesome!
    Anyone see that he had his first @ age 15? He is a beast!

17. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I can just imagine working your entire career, retiring at 65, spending two entire decades adjusting to growing older, finally celebrating your 85th birthday - one not too many people make it to - and then getting a call telling you that your dad just kicked the asses of three muggers.

18. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

A sign that your country is in dire straights of serious health issues, is when even when a roving group criminals can be thwacked by a single 100 year old.

I'm surprised they were even able to run off -- seems the video game playing, drug popping, lard butted youth of today probably needs an electric scooter more than the 100 year old man.

19. d_and_n5000 macrumors 6502a

d_and_n5000

That would be so great. I can imagine it too. Its rather funny. :D I think that this would just be so cool.

Mr. Martin rocks!

20. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

damn muggers should know better than to pick on the old man coming out of the pub. If 100 year old dude is still going to the pub on his own then you KNOW he's been through some tough **** and he will kick your ass if you try anything.

21. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Looks like some had their Wheaties for breakfast! :D :)

[​IMG]

22. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

WOW.

I can totally see Buster guest starring in 24, season 7... in a fight scene v. Jack Bauer. :D

23. ChrisA macrumors G4

A few years back my grandfather was about 80. Across the street from his house a couple kids 18 to 19 were having a big argument of one of the neighbors. He was still in decent health then and could do long walks. although slowed down by the medication to keep cancer under control. He walked over to tell them to leave and go home. They told him the same but took a swing at him as if to hit him in the face. He "weaved and hit back. Knocked the kid off his feet and unconscious on the ground. when my grandfather was that kid's age he made a living as a boxer. He was about 5' 8" and 150 pounds

I remember him telling me many years ago that throwing a punch was like pitching a baseball -- technique matters. The energy comes from the hole body, from the feet up. A trained boxer would not let himself get hit like that. He'd see the "wind up" and move forcing his opponent to use quick hits that cary less power. But an untrained "tough guy" don't know what to look for and he gets surprised because he didn't know he was set up.

Grandfather used to do those exhibition fights in the 1920 and 30's where someone would pay (say) $50 to fight the champ and would win $500 if he would stay in for a couple rounds. No one ever won those.

A professional will train every day for years. It's hard to forget something you did every day for maybe ten years even after 50 years.

24. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Wow! Funny when you think about it! :)

And to add, what about the 15 year olds offspring. If he had them early, they too might have just retired or be close to it at 65!