Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmcwally

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
i do own the apple 3 have it setup manually for 1080p on the device and in iTunes. i did check just now to make sure everything was set up properly a second time but just recently noticed tonight in the movies section to rent or buy a movie for example the movie the sitter next to hd it would say 1080p now the 1080p disappeared on the screen . I've looked at alot of hd movies and cannot find 1080p anymore. are all movies in hd now encoded at 1080p ?

steve-p

macrumors 68000
Oct 14, 2008
Newbury, UK
i do own the apple 3 have it setup manually for 1080p on the device and in iTunes. i did check just now to make sure everything was set up properly a second time but just recently noticed tonight in the movies section to rent or buy a movie for example the movie the sitter next to hd it would say 1080p now the 1080p disappeared on the screen . I've looked at alot of hd movies and cannot find 1080p anymore. are all movies in hd now encoded at 1080p ?
There is a difference between iTunes on a computer and viewing the store on ATV. Stuff that's available for rental in 1080p on ATV is not always available yet in 1080p in iTunes for some reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.