10gb iPod Refurb: Initial impressions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by bnemesis, Jul 18, 2004.

1. bnemesis macrumors regular

Jul 31, 2003
    I posted a week or so ago if anyone had purchased one of the 10GB iPods that Apple had on their website. I dont think that I got any responses, so I took the plunge and ordered one.

It came in today, so I thought that I would share my initial impressions of it, since its my first refurbished Apple product.

It arrived in a plain brown box, that said "Apple Refurbished Product" on the side. Inside the box was 1 set of the white headphones that was sealed in celophane with two sets of covers for the earbuds. It came with some software (for windows), and some manuals and warranty papers. The firewire cable, and AC adapter were also present. The iPod itself was packed in between a pair of thick foam pieces and was enclosed in one of the clear celophane envelopes that Apple likes to put stuff in. In initial inspection of the iPod revealed a perfect scratch free front and back. I tried turning it on, and nothing happene so Im assuming that the battery is brand new. After charging it, I plugged it into my iBook and updated its software and synced it up with iTunes.

Everything works perfectly so far, and Im really loving this thing.
    For $199 with a full 1 year warranty it was a killer deal.
  2. Gentz macrumors newbie

Jul 14, 2004
    Beloit, Wisconsin
    Hehe, that sounds so much better than what I got two years ago...original 5Gb iPod (crappy earphones) with 90 day warranty for $300. It's served me well though ;D
  3. realityisterror macrumors 65816

Aug 30, 2003
    Snellville, GA
    i was really tempted to buy one of those 10GB's.... alas, i had no money to spend... :(
    glad to hear it's quite alright... refurbished products are great, just like my 15" iMac G4...

4. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

Sep 23, 2003
    London, England
    I got 2 10gb g2 ipod from the UK apple refurb store last year (1 for me & 1 for the wife). I paid £125 each. Both came boxed as new. very happy worked out much cheaper than getting new. :D
  5. AngeredTree macrumors member

Jun 10, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I bought a Refurbished 10GB 2G iPod off ebay last October...still works great for me! Only frozen up once, then it was easy to reset with no issues...

I might not be able to resist buying one of those new 4G iPods coming out though...Especially with that Cram and Jam discount...