10th Anniversary Next July

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by miTunes75, Jul 30, 2006.

1. miTunes75 macrumors 6502

Hey everyone:

Our 10th wedding anniversary is next july. I was wondering what would be cool to do. As we have 3 kids and I work two jobs, things are tight - so flying to HI or Italy, London, etc is out of the picture.

For those of you who have been married 10+ years, what things did you do to celebrate your 10th. 10 years is a big deal; especially now-a-days.

2. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Not sure what to say to do, but congrats on reaching your 10 year anniversary miTunes75. :)

3. atticus1178 macrumors regular

congrats from me as well

i think diamonds always work

4. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

It isn't until next year. :confused:

Hey, at least he's planning a year in advance. :)

5. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Oops, I missed that. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well, congrats on achieving your 10th in advance miTunes75. :)

6. atticus1178 macrumors regular

same here

we jumped the gun on the anniversary

but still, 9 years, in this day of age, is still an achievement!

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If it is a year away then I would suggest a trip. 10 years, kids...yeah...a trip. Doesn't have to be huge, just a drive up the coast, highway, where ever you are and a couple of nights away...or at least one.

8. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

Weekend trip away from the kids , just you too with all the cooking and cleaning done by someone else... can be a local B&B, or a Spa hotel, just a break from normal life and reconnect to each other.

Gold jewelry is traditional, pearls are good for 10th year.
    If you really can't afford to take a trip give her a package of "coupons" that she can redeem at her own time. things like you will make dinner, overnight trip away from kids, clean house , spa package to relax, dinner at her favorite restaurant sans the kids., etc use you imagination. you can include the kids in the making process too.

9. Lollypop macrumors 6502a

Lollypop

having the kids help with a voucher for a trip away without the kids... interesting... ;)

congrats miTunes75, 9 years and counting, thats incredible, I cant even do 3 months... :(

10. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Couple of questions -

1) How central are your kids to your lives? I know some parents that would love nothing more than to spend their Xth anniversary with the kids, making it a family celebration (i.e. the kids make you dinner, etc.), maybe followed by going out to a movie or something simple with your wife. Other parents I know would love nothing more than to make the kids disappear for the entire celebratory weekend.

2) Where about do you live? Nothing more specific than what you would live to share, but there are a lot of nice local ideas for almost everywhere.

An example - we live about 30 min from my parents. Something we would consider would be dropping the kids off at the grandparents and spend the weekend at a B&B in Appalachia. But, we also live in MD, where that is convenient. If you live in WA, you might as well go to HI as come out here. :)

That being said, congrats on reaching 9 years and heres hoping many more!

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract