11 year-old boy drives 200 miles

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Counterfit, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

linky-poo
    Jeez, the kid drove farther than I have in one shot! :eek:

And
    SCHUMACHERS ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD! RUN! :D

2. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    beat me to it i was about to post this story

its quit amazing isnt it

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

That is very very cool. :) Hope he gets that bully situation sorted.

4. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

And this is why the DMV should give out games such as Gran Turismo, and Grand Theft Auto to kids...So they will already know how to drive!

5. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

i got the best driveing experience i have ever had from crazy taxi, i even completed a few crazy box missions without crashing once.

6. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

7. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Thats pretty impressive, but how (and why) did the construction workers help him out when he ran out of gas? Bad luck though locking yourself out. He could have driven somewhere cool and met a run-away hooker or something, and had a great adventure.

8. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Wouldn't you help out an 11 year old who ran out of gas. I'd give him a couple of gallons atleast. :D
    Oh, the possibilities.

9. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Could this be the beginning of one of the best Lifetime made for TV movies.

iJon

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

"He just wanted some help," Johnston said. "He was a very polite guy. He spoke highly of his parents. He spoke highly of his school. But he knew he was in trouble."

That statement says it all. Wonder what would have happened if he hadn't got lock out of his car?

My early driving escapades was on my Grandfathers farm.

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

It pretty damn amazing, actually. I couldn't even imagine what would have happened if I had done that when I was 11 :D

But this brings home the issue of trying to run away from your problems....and getting national exposure for this little trip will have a profound impact with his school and friends.

I'd would have been interested in seeing what happened when he got back to school....

D

12. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

I wonder if the construction workers will be charged with aiding a minor with a stolen vehicle...

13. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Why did he steal the car though? Why didn't he talk to his parents? I think there is more to the story than we're getting. I don't think its a bully at school, but possibly at home. I think its impressive cause he's driven more than I have and I'm 16! Thats so sad.

14. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

We don't want a student to ever feel pushed into a corner or want to just take off."

What?

i like to take off all the time, sure i'm 20 and have been driving for 3 years -- but there is nothing like going for an aimless drive -- actually i had a bad day at work one day and hopped into my car and just drove -- ended up 130 miles away at a friends house, stayed for a cup of coffee, got into my car and drove home.

he's much wiser then i was at his age, i'm sick of people saying; "can't run from your problems" - it's not running, it's just trying to get a perspective on things.

I say "good for the kid"

15. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Figures it would be here in Missouri. I always knew that some of the drivers on the road here couldn't be older than 11.