Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

084350-whiteiphone_300.png

Apple officially announced that the white iPhone 4 will arrive on April 28th. Apple today announced that the white iPhone 4 will be available beginning tomorrow. White iPhone 4 models will be available from Apple's online store (www.apple.com), at Apple's retail stores, AT&T and Verizon Wireless stores and select Apple Authorized Resellers.Internationally, the white iPhone 4 will also be available in Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Macau, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, and UK.

Apple also announced that the iPad 2 will officially launch in 12 new countries this week:Apple today announced that iPad 2, the second-generation of its breakthrough post-PC device, will arrive in Japan on Thursday, April 28 and Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore and eight additional countries on Friday, April 29. iPad 2 will be available at Apple retail stores at 9 a.m. local time, select Apple Authorized Resellers, and online through the Apple Store (www.apple.com) beginning at 1 a.m. Additionally, iPad 2 with Wi-Fi will be available in China beginning Friday, May 6.The full list of new countries debuting the iPad 2 on the 29th includes Hong Kong, India, Israel, Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates.

Article Link: Apple Announces White iPhone 4 Coming Tomorrow, iPad 2 to 12 New Countries This Week

deadlystriker

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2011
YES!! Finally an official statement. At least it's confirmation now. Will be picking one up.

Last edited by a moderator:

RMo

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
And with the iPhone 5 probably months away from being announced, there's a very high probability that you'd be silly to buy this. (Yeah, there are rumors it won't be released until later than "normal," perhaps September--but personally I wouldn't take my chances.)

grmatt

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2010
Oooh... looks kindof nice. I'll have to see one in person... more as a reference for when the next one comes out.

randomrazr

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2011
my contract ends next week.

im getting a new iphone 4 this time. pos blackberry

since the whites coming out , which do you guys prefer, black or white?

Tyrion

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2002
And yet still it's the best phone out there.

Perhaps, but the price is 12 months old too. Also, its successor should be around soon, or people will leave the iOS platform for more powerful phones. I'd feel like a sucker with my sluggish iPhone 4 if Apple doesn't release an iPhone 5 this summer.

Lennholm

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2010
I'm an iPhone owner myself, but somehow I doubt that you're right.

Well, it's a pretty subjective opinion. Tech-spec-wise, iP4 has never been the best phone even when it was announced, but it's certainly the best iOS phone, and most people on these forums feel that iOS > all

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
my contract ends next week.

im getting a new iphone 4 this time. pos blackberry

since the whites coming out , which do you guys prefer, black or white?

If they had a black face and a white back I would go that route! I preferred the look of the white 3G and 3G(s) as the type of case(s) I use look better with the white back but I'm not a fan of the white front. I have a white iPad 2 and am still getting used to it.

Zeus86

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2009
New York, NY
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

So what if people want to buy the phone!!! Some people are taking this to serious. It's a good looking phone end of story. The iPhone 4 is still the current generation and nobody knows nothing about the iPhone 5 so stop acting like you do.

steadysignal

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2010
Perhaps, but the price is 12 months old too. Also, its successor should be around soon, or people will leave the iOS platform for more powerful phones. I'd feel like a sucker with my sluggish iPhone 4 if Apple doesn't release an iPhone 5 this summer.

does September count as summer enough for you?

bmat

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2004
East Coast, USA
There are many people that purchased iPads in the holidays, even though the successor was just months away. And I think a lot of people with iPhones skip a generation unless it is a radical change. I know many people with 3GS that skipped the 4, and I had a 3G and skipped the 3GS.

In any event, I doubt the target is black iPhone 4 owners. And I doubt those that really wanted an iPhone 4 10 months ago but in white waited. It is just for those who still might buy one now anyway, and now they have a choice.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I just noticed this picture shows two ear speakers. My iPhone 4 only has one. Am I late to this realization? :confused:

Thats the proximity sensor which is visible with the white iPhone. It's there on your black iPhone but just not visible

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Well, it's a pretty subjective opinion. Tech-spec-wise, iP4 has never been the best phone even when it was announced, but it's certainly the best iOS phone, and most people on these forums feel that iOS > all

Is there another iOS phone?

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
Unless they're using the CDMA white iPhone in their ads, it looks like the antenna has been redesigned on the GSM model. Maybe they both have the same antenna now?

MucNJ

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2011
What is that extra black line ...

Just wondering what that extra black line is over the ear speaker? Is that the light sensor so it knows when it is close to your head? I have an iPhone 4 and I don't notice it anywhere ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.