Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iphone51.jpg

DigiTimes claims that Pegatron Technology has received orders for 15 million iPhone 5s from Apple and is set to start shipping in September 2011.
The sources pointed out that as the iPhone 5, which does not seem to have any major update from iPhone 4, is already set for shipment in September, they are already started supplying components to Pegatron with Pegatron's plants in Shanghai, China also recently started hiring for manpower.
DigiTimes is a frequent source for production and order rumors from Apple. They had previously predicted that Pegatron received an order for CDMA iPhone 4s for the fourth quarter of 2010. The actual Verizon (CDMA) iPhone was announced in January of 2011 and shipped the following month.

Article Link: Apple Orders 15 Million iPhone 5s, Shipping Begins in September

dmb182

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2011
yeah, for the first time i dont think i'll be upgrading. iphone 4 is great, i dont see what they could improve worthy of the hassle of upgrading (and make no mistake, the hassle of all that contract business is a road block for some users)

zapnyc

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2011
New York
"does not seem..."?

Doubtful they'd put out a big fat important-sounding "5" device number without some significant change.

Otherwise it would be a "4"....

Here's a novel idea...everybody wait till September before blowing your horn in outrage. sheesh

stagi

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006
If they are waiting until sept. I bet there will be a design/hardware change. Hoping for something other than a 4Gs

AbblePC

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A5248d)

Something new for iPhone 5 is a brewin! :)

AbblePC

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2009
I would like to make a prediction, that I will be order # 1342 for iPhone 5, Hey the number just sounded good to me. :apple:

RichardBeer

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2009
England
A few minor redesigns and a hardware spec bump is about what I expected.
It's not like there's likely to be a radical redesign every generation.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
I find it very hard to complain about the current design :D
It's amazing.

Isn't the AT&T/GSM one technically a world phone? :confused:

I agree about the design. I would actually be disappointed if they changed the look of the phone. IMO the best looking iPhone of the bunch.

That being said, these coming months of rumors should be a blast. But, I'm still going to take everything with a grain of salt until I see Steve showing it off.

Now, cue the arguments of what the actual name of the phone will be. I vote for iPhone 4GS°.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Glad I signed up for a 24 month contract. Meant I got the phone cheaper, and with nothing to upgrade to glad it paid off.

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
My prediction:

Same screen as iPhone 4
Extremely similar body style
A5 like the iPad 2
Upgraded camera
Universal Qualcomm radio across all models, Verizon model may not have SIM slot though
Capacity bump to 64 GB
Black and white from launch

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.