12" 1.33 PB battery meter

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by stubeeef, Aug 16, 2004.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

Aug 10, 2004
    My battery meter, in % mode, slowly decays from 100% to now 97% while constantly plugged in. Is this normal? Last week I recalibrated with a drain to shutdown and recharged-no difference. Not a big deal I hope, but only 6 weeks old. Plus how's the new system update going for everyone else with a 12"1.33PB or a 1.25ghz eMac? I have not downloaded 10.3.5 but did grab the java update. I'm a safari user, somethings are better but when I tab through fields I find it skips pull down fields and sometimes everything and goes to the address window. Thanks for the help!
  2. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

Aug 10, 2004
    Am I an idiot?

32 lookers but no posts-I'm either asking a really stupid question, have not properly convied the problem, or are truly unique :cool:
  3. Finiksa macrumors 6502a

Feb 23, 2003
    This is normal, to prevent damage to the battery it won't charge if above 96%. The battery slowly loses power over time and will then recharge when low enough.
  4. noahsnyc macrumors regular

Sep 27, 2003
    Los Angeles
    It's totally normal for your battery % to be anywhere from 95-100% and be fully charged. Watch out for time, not percentage.

If you'd like, you can always recalibrate the battery by unplugging it and running off of the battery until it is exhaused and goes to forced sleep.

Then, plug the computer back into the wall and the battery should recalibrate.

Rock on.
  5. 7on macrumors 601

Nov 9, 2003
    Dress Rosa
    Like the others said, it is normal. It's so you don't wear out your battery as quickly. If this system wasn't there you'd have to remove your battery every-time you plug in.
  6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    And don't always fully drain your battery before you recharge your battery. You'll actually ruin your battery's capacity if you do. Just use it until you're done, say at 42% battery life, and then plug it in as it is and recharge. Don't purposely drain it to 0% before plugging it back in. Do it, but only once every 1 to 2 months or so, depending on how often you use your laptop on battery power.

PS: Its not a dumb question. Sometimes people here kinda get sick of the same questions being asked, so its not a big deal when a thread gets 30 looks with no replies. Many threads get 5 responses and 100 looks. ;)
  7. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

Aug 10, 2004

I'll sleep better, thanks for the info!