12" ibook. buy or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by hushreality, Oct 4, 2004.

  1. hushreality macrumors newbie

    Oct 4, 2004
    Hello everyone,

    So my old PC laptop just died and I'm going to purchase an ibook. My question is, do I wait or do I purchase it now? I go to school, so it's important I get a new computer ASAP but if people think there's going to be an update in the next 2-3 weeks, I'm pretty sure I can hold out.
  2. yoda13 macrumors 65816


    Sep 26, 2003
    Buy it if you need it. There have been some unsubstantiated rumors of impending PB updates, which are probably necessary for the iBook to get updated. However, the rumored chips are not supposed to be sampled until the first part of next year, so it is unlikely that we'll see updates before calendar year 2005. These updates wouldn't be dual core either, as they are not supposed to sample until the second half of 2005. So even if we do see updates this month, it isn't too likely that they'll be very significant. But do be aware that the average model cycle is basically up for both models.

Share This Page